The Life Cycle of a Barista (article)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Life Cycle of a Barista (article)

For those who work as baristas, this was a nice little article. Also talks about a few of the different "types" of baristas which I found helpful to get some perspective on, and clarity as to why I do it too.

https://www.sevenmiles.com.au/editor...cycle-barista/

I reckon you get combinations of them too, good write up.

Comment

Originally posted by 69SIM View Post
      I reckon you get combinations of them too, good write up.
      Yep absolutely! I'm primarily the third type, as I just love everything about coffee and its progression, but also a case of not knowing what my own calling really is also, and whether this is a middle ground to somewhere, so a bit of the first type too

Comment

So fess up Simon, which do you see yourself as? Or maybe a combo?

I think they forgot the Performer, some baristas, generally in busy shops so they have an audience, are great performers and bring some theatre to the profession. Don't think it helps the coffee, but is nice to watch

Edit - seems we posted at the same time

Comment

Originally posted by 338 View Post
          So fess up Simon, which do you see yourself as? Or maybe a combo?

I think they forgot the Performer, some baristas, generally in busy shops so they have an audience, are great performers and bring some theatre to the profession. Don't think it helps the coffee, but is nice to watch

Edit - seems we posted at the same time
          Haha yep :P. And I'm generally fairly introvert a person, but baristawork does for sure bring out a little extrovert!

Comment

Working...
          X