Are you addicted to coffee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you addicted to coffee?

According to the media, a large number of Australians are!

http://au.news.yahoo.com/070829/2/14asr.html

If there are 21 million people in Australia, and 25% are addicted to coffee, this means that the coffee business must be a great business to get into!

Re: Are you addicted to coffee?

I bet a large portion are "instant" coffee drinkers! Not the sort of business Im interested in....

Comment

Rubbish! I can quit any time I want, thank you very much!

Comment

So can I.  As long as Im willing to put up with the 6 weeks of headaches and mood swings that come from caffeine withdrawal.... :P

Comment

Yes.

Comment

The "problem" is going back to instant. Its just backward.

Comment

Lets just put things into a context here. This is a reference to a poll conducted among Home Beautiful magazine readers.

That means anyone who is not a buyer of that magazine is automatically disenfranchised from voting.

Most if not all of those readers are women.

Most are of a specific demographic.

Hardly a result to be extrapolated to the stunning conclusion that a quarter of Australians are coffee addicts.

Comment

I have actually been surprised how well I can do without it. a new job and getting up early (Im not working in a cafe anymore) means that I dont have time to make myself one before work or at work. I thought I would find it much tougher. Im certainly not addicted.

Comment

Good point robusto

Comment

Anyone takes my coffee off me Ill call my friends in the CIA and they will dissapear
                    Im not addicted....

just kidding

sorta

Comment

Depends on the quality, bean freshness, grinding-buzz in ear-shot, pour, extraction-time observed ... blah, blah

Prefer a glass of water, if on offer is a stale warehoused mult-nat-blend. So in short Im addicted to great espresso base, but not what many a punter sees/tastes as coffee.

My business name links the idea of coffee as addictive ... so Ive got a bloody lot to answer for!!!

Clinically, caffeine is the defining addictive element (durr!)

Cafe-ically, taste/aroma/aesthetics ... if its all there then definitely coffee is addictive beyond the physiological/brain receptor things happening. Its more sensory ...

End the wank here

Tony ... GOD

Comment

Hey Tony, is everything alright? You sound a little upset over something, maybe not enough caffeine hey..

By the way do you always refer to yourself as God?

I happen to know Him personally and Hes one of a kind...

Ray.

Comment

LOL @ Ray...

I think Tony means "Grind On Demand"... ;D

Comment

Addicted I dont know, but passionate about a good coffee yes.
                            I usually have 3-4 double shots a day, my last one not exceeding 5pm so that I can sleep that night.
                            One has to have some little pleasures in life, I dont smoke, seldom drink alcohol so I think Im allowed the joys of the coffee bean to add some spice to my life!!!
                            Got to run my Rancilio is calling............................

Comment

Ok its 920 Ive been up since 6 been for a 5km walk and Abbeys put out about 9 coffees not all for me thou, that mean we are all addicted?

Comment

Working...
                              X