Top 3 brands of coffee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 3 brands of coffee?

what do you guys think the top 3 brands of coffee going around at the moment are.. i know they each have theyre diffrent blends.. but overall top 3 brands?
    1-
    2-
    3-

and what do you think of coffico coffee? : :

Re: Top 3 brands of coffee?

Methinks most discerning home-roasters dont give a flying f*** at top brands.

Its more on a local level what your local barista is doing with some good sh** SOs!

Marketing stimulated brand oriented coffee with no kudos, consumer taste-wise, has liitle value ...

1 - coffico coffee - huh? Quick google, found a w.s. in development!
    2 - develop it
    3 - dont pose it on this forum with no transparency - whats youre connection?

sceptic GOD

Comment

im just talking about commercial brands.. dont take it so seriously..
      go back to sleep :-?

Comment

Well said, GOD. Ill bow to your wisdom

1. The last bag out of the roaster. 2. The penultimate bag.
        3. A blend of 1 and 2.

but not necessarily in that order ....

Comment

ahh, ugotitbad, I dont take commercial (meaning stale) brands too seriously at all.

And youve just confirmed my point with your response ... who gives a flying sh** whos doing well/best market-place.

Taste matters ...

yet to go to sleep until YOU ... WAKE-UP

GOD

have to friggin change that forum-name!

Comment

Originally posted by GrindOnDemand link=1190982666/0#1 date=1190984261

sceptic GOD
            GOD if you are a sceptic does that mean you dont believe in people?
            -----------

ugotitbad - how are we to judge the top 3?
            By what standards or criteria are we to base our scores?

Comment

ugotitbad, having just found your thread on bubbly crema, I think I can
              see the connection with coffico coffee, which youre using.

If I can interpret your question as asking for roasters of good coffee that
              you could try out for comparison, presumably in Melbourne, then I can
              offer a suggestion or two (but Im not from Melbourne, so Im sure
              others can do better).

From personal experience, I can highly recommend St Ali. Freshness and
              quality guaranteed, as well as sound advice on when and how to use it.
              I would think similar for site sponsor Veneziano.

Comment

TG, dunno exactly where ya heading here, but in the context of this thread, I believe in people who obviate the need in their life for branding & exploring beyond commercial brands.

Being a sceptic doesnt obviate my embracing of the human spirit! Long live lively debate ...

Comment

First and last warning to GrindOnDemand and ugotitbad.

Play nice here or bugger-off.

CoffeeSnobs members help each other on the journey to great coffee, not take cheap swipes when they can. The moderators and myself have far better things to do than police the sand pit.

Comment

Originally posted by ugotitbad link=1190982666/0#0 date=1190982666
                    what do you guys think the top 3 brands of coffee going around at the moment are.. i know they each have theyre diffrent blends.. but overall top 3 brands?
                    1-
                    2-
                    3-

and what do you think of coffico coffee? : :
                    Gday ugo

As youve probably gathered, brand names where coffee is concerned, mean very little around here. I havent bought pre-roasted coffee for an awful long time, but if I was going to, then it would only be from someone whose roasting credentials I trust... that narrows the field considerably in my book and pretty well restricts the list to those Site Sponsors who operate Roasteries and anything that Andy might list under the CS Brown Banner. Only way to ensure that quality beans are used and that the beans received are freshly roasted.

Cheers,
                    Mal.

Comment

Brands in Perth worth a look--Five Senses, Fiori, Biobean all local specialty roasters.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Freeman link=1190982666/0#8 date=1190990042
                        First and last warning to GrindOnDemand and ugotitbad.

Play nice here or bugger-off.

CoffeeSnobs members help each other on the journey to great coffee, not take cheap swipes when they can.  The moderators and myself have far better things to do than police the sand pit.
                        Totally valid comment Andy - and my sincere apologies upfront for any unwarranted vitriolic remarks I made.

Maybe its the footy final fever inspired testosterone lingering in the air that I breathed a little too much of!

And Mal, thankyou for the more civilised response to the question that I addressed in an inappropriate manner.

Greenman, I tried the Biobean Peruvian Feminina about a month ago, & it was a sensational SO - as espresso, & equally milk based! Good stuff coming out of WA.

Cheers,
                        Contrite GOD, pulling his bloody head in!!

Comment

Peruvian comes from Peru I thought. How about top 3 Aussie grown beans and reasons why?

Comment

Sorry! Meant to say "good ROASTING coming out of WA" ...

Tony

Comment

GrindOnDemand,

Its home roasters like you that think youre roasting the best coffee in the world that makes me sad.

Theres no need to trash talk commercial coffee companies. They do what they do and are still in business because they fill a niche.

Learning to be a good home roaster requires lots and lots of learning. The master roaster where I work at has over 23 years roasting experience, but doesnt proclaim to know it all. Collectively, within out company we know bucket loads about coffee. Coffee is a never ending pursuit for knowledge. Every bag from the same crop and estate has the potential to be totally different, let alone different crop years.

I implore you to keep learning and not to take the "dont give a flying f***" attitude. To learn more, its important to compare your coffees to the best roasters in the country.

David.

Comment

Working...
                              X