micro roastaries/ hole in wall cafes in Brisbane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• micro roastaries/ hole in wall cafes in Brisbane

Can anyone recommend any micro-roastaries (apart from Merlo and Di Bella) and also small hole in wall cafes where they concentrate on coffee rather than food?

cheers

Re: micro roastaries/ hole in wall cafes in Brisba

Have you tried Cafe Modena on Adelaide St?

Consistantly great coffee, some food - not much though.

Comment

No I havent thanks. Do they roast their own?

Comment

No they dont. They use Di Bella, but the blend they use was specifically created for them (Modena Blend).

Comment

Di Bella doesnt really fall into the micro-rastery category anymore, considering they roast over 6 tonnes of beans per week! Urban Grind at West End concentrates purely on coffee - they use Di Bella also.

Comment

Theres Cosmopolitan Cafe, Brunswick St Mall, Fortitude Valley. They roast their own and thats where Chris Di Bella started off. I quite like their Jave, while their house blend (Formula One, from memory, is pretty good. When last I bought there, it was around $24/Kg.

Comment

Caffiene Espresso in tenereiffe is good. They roast their own on a beautiful diedrich 12Kilo. Their house blend is buttery and rich and one of the nicest espressos in town.

Naked coffee in Elizabeth Arcade in the city is another favorite of mine, they use Campos and have some great baristas.

All reports are bad since Alen sold Cafe Modena. If you missed a coffee from him, you missed out. I hear he is opening another cafe somewhere in Brissie soon though.

As mentioned Di Bella is a large commercial roaster and Merlo is owned by coke. If you get up the coast stop in at my place in Yandina, we are an hour north of brisbane city and you wont be dissapointed.

Comment

Merlo is owned by coke????

Comment

Thanks by the way on the tips on those who roast their own- had no idea cosmo or Caffeine espresso roasted their own!

Comment

Originally posted by Pioneer Roaster link=1192069947/0#6 date=1192077508
                    All reports are bad since Alen sold Cafe Modena. If you missed a coffee from him, you missed out. I hear he is opening another cafe somewhere in Brissie soon though.
                    I didnt realise Alen had sold, been a while since Ive been there.

Ill be keeping an eye out for when he opens his new cafe though.

Caffiene Espresso sounds worth checking out too.

Comment

Originally posted by Pioneer Roaster link=1192069947/0#6 date=1192077508
                      Caffiene Espresso in tenereiffe is good. They roast their own on a beautiful diedrich 12Kilo. Their house blend is buttery and rich and one of the nicest espressos in town.

Naked coffee in Elizabeth Arcade in the city is another favorite of mine, they use Campos and have some great baristas.

As mentioned Di Bella is a large commercial roaster and Merlo is owned by coke. If you get up the coast stop in at my place in Yandina, we are an hour north of brisbane city and you wont be dissapointed.
                      When did Dean sell out to Coke? I had no idea. Scary how far their tentacles spread.

Yeah, I heard the same about Modena. I believe Alen sold to the cafe owner over the road from him.

Comment

Originally posted by GrindOnDemand link=1192069947/0#10 date=1192079845
                        When did Dean sell out to Coke?  I had no idea.  Scary how far their tentacles spread.

Yeah, I heard the same about Modena.  I believe Alen sold to the cafe owner over the road from him.
                        I think Dean sold about 6 months ago, not sure though. I was told Alen sold to some out of towners but that just may be a rumour.

Comment

I thought it was Grinders who were bought by Coke?

Comment

Yes Coke owns Grinders as well

Comment

What about Bulimba Beans, there is a small roaster there as well.

What a about the shop in Cleveland? ( I do not remember the name)

What about Sugar and Spices in Capalaba?

Aromas Tea and Coffee West End

Abrisca in East Birsbane

Karemela Coffee in New Market

Arabica Coffee in Coopers Plain

What a bout Di Bartoli Coffee Centre in Brisbane ( just dreaming at this stage)

I think Brisbane has a few

Comment

Working...
                              X