Coffee plantation visits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee plantation visits

Where are some good plantations to visit? Im thinking of going on a coffee plantation tour.

Re: Coffee plantation visits

Mountain Top up near Nimbin in northern NSW is a beautiful part of the world. I hear they grow a damn fine bean to boot!

Comment

Kona is interesting, but perhaps a little out of your way ;-)

Comment

Theres a plantation at Mt Tamborine in Qld, im going to visit in a couple of weeks.

There are a few up in Cairns too... but unless you are doing this plantation tour as part of an Aussie tour then these two are a little too far apart. ;D

Comment

how about in the south east asia region?

Comment

Maybe you should tell more of where your travel is intended, THEN CSrs can give a few suggestions ...

What SE Asian region specifically???

Comment

i dont have any place in mind actually, but im located in singapore. The exchange rate between the aussie currency n sgd is especially high nowadays so Im thinking there might be cheaper places 2 visit

Comment

Sumartra easily has the best beans in the region...
                you could nearly swim there from Singapore!

Where ever you end-up make sure you take plenty of pictures to share with the rest of CoffeeSnobs.

Comment

yeah good idea Andy. If you do come all the way to Australia though, your best bet will probably be to land in Cairns, and travel 1-2 hours west to Mareeba, theres heaps of plantations in that area .. basically all over the Atherton Tablelands.
                  Youve got.. Skybury; Mareeba Coffee; North Queensland Gold; Jaques; and most definately more than that!
                  I was going to go on a tour of the Nth Qld Gold, because I saw that they actually take you through the plantation etc, where as others just sort of have a bit of information and a tasting. However, I emailed them and they got back to me really late (too late), so Id suggest phone if youre going that way.
                  Cheers
                  Rolley

Comment

I reckon a hiking tour through PNG highlands would make for a fantastic plantation tour - if you were fit Areas like Okapa and Kimel have world class beans - high altitudes, grown under rainforest canopies, & some worthy Fairtrade programs happening.

Ahhh, maybe Ill make it there one day :

Comment

cool but people have been telling me its more dangerous to trek in indonesia than in thailand. maybe Ill just get my arse up a bus or something. any idea where i can find more info on addresses and such? googling visits to indonesia doesnt come up with anything too useful

Comment

Hi guys,

Just digging up an old post. I just got back from Far North Queensland where I drove up to Mareeba from Port Douglas (where I was staying) to check out a few coffee plantations. Unfortunately, time only permitted me to visit Skybury, a tour of the plantation and have a personal chat with owner of Skybury, Ian.

I really really wanted to visit Jaques, but will have to go next time.

Great experience...and fully recommended to go if any Coffeesnobs are planning a vacation to Cairns/Port Douglas/Cape Trib etc.

Here are some photos from Skybury: http://www.flickr.com/photos/20512472@N00/tags/skybury/

Cheers,

Dave.

Comment

Working...
                        X