Regarding CHOICE reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding CHOICE reviews

Must be careful about what I write here, but beware of their reviews on anything at all, certainly coffee stuff.  Many years ago I bought a tennis racquet that they rcommended, made by Dunlop.  WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP. Had it restrung, doubted myself etc.  Then found out that the racquets were "tested" at something like the NSW tennis academy (or whatever)  - and guess who sponsors all of the players - 8)
    I have read their reviews of espresso gear and they would have you believe that Poundys roaster is a a "small, economically priced, apartment sized" model. And that rancid International Roast being squeezed out of a bricklayers sock is the benchmark in quality coffee that they tried to get the machines to emulate.
    Absolutely laughable.  :

Re: Regarding CHOICE reviews

International Roast being squeezed out of a bricklayers sock
    ;D Total Cack! ;D

Comment

they dont care about people actually drinking coffee...
      or what it really takes to make a good coffee
      just about something thats ez to keep clean and will sit and look pretty on the bench!

"squeezed out of a bricklayers sock"
      isnt that what the nespresso pod system does automatically???

clarexican

Comment

;D Still Cacking ;D
        I am so easily amused somtimes.

A little off topic but I came across a patent registration for a Nestle pod system for cars. Its easy to poo-poo the pod system for home-use but built into the dash of my car could be good if (like 2muchcoffeeman suggested) you could fill the pods with your own roast!

Comment

i am sure there are posts about doing that on a.c.
          the worst bit though is you would get the "filter paper" taste :-X

they seem to like them in America? esp with home roast

clarexican

Comment

No the Nespresso thingys are capsules, not pods, and the loading of the capsule punctures the capsule at 2 ends for the water to flow in and out. It doesnt flow through a paper wall like ESE pods.

Home reloading of the capsules would be rather difficult from what Ive seen.

And yes, the Choice reviews are total BS, even when there isnt a hidden agenda. The reviewers just arent competant in the fields (eg Gaggia machines rate badly for usability because the PFs are too heavy :-X).

Greg

Comment

Hi Greg,

I understand now , I thought they were pods...oops
              thanks for clearing that up.

clarexican

Comment

Working...
              X