What do you drink out of??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you drink out of??

Id like to start a post to get a snap shot of what evey one drinks out of. Take a photo of your cup(s) mugs, and glasses and a description if they are unique / fancy or a great history behind them.

I got some new cups the other week for my Birthday and thought I might share with you all what I am now drinking out of.

I got some ACF 180ml Cappuccino Cups and Tulip Espresso Cups in Brown

I am loving the thick walls that have great heat retention. The only thing I need to get used to is the small handles. I have got large fingers so I need to pinch at the handle as I can not get my finger through. I do like putting my finger through the handle on capp cups, but will sacrifice this for better heat retention.

So what do you Drink out of??????? :-/

Re: What do you drink out of??

Here are my favorite cups. the espresso cup is an AFC 45ml, the cup on the right is a 90ml tulip picollo cup (brand unknown) and the cup on the left is a AFC 150ml cappucino cup.

Comment

Nice work, Ill have to redo my photos with my pours in the cups, Not great but still learning. Will do tonight we I get home from work.

Comment

Ive got some brown tulip cups, Nuova Point I think ... Theyre beautiful ... Some crazy guy I met on some coffee forum imported a huge number of them recently

Seriously, I have NP tulips, cap cups and demitasse, two ACF white tulips and am dreaming of some red Terra Keramik tulips.

My favourite visitor request: "Dont you have anything bigger? Can I have mine in a mug?"

Comment

Originally posted by mwatt link=1196551373/0#3 date=1196570495
          Ive got some brown tulip cups, Nuova Point I think ... Theyre beautiful ... Some crazy guy I met on some coffee forum imported a huge number of them recently

Seriously, I have NP tulips, cap cups and demitasse, two ACF white tulips and am dreaming of some red Terra Keramik tulips.

My favourite visitor request: "Dont you have anything bigger? Can I have mine in a mug?"
          Dont worry too much Michelle. In that case, regardless of the size of the cup it ends up in a mug anyway! : ;D

Comment

I bought these 90ml cups somewhere a few months ago and like them, they were about $2 each with a saucer too.

Comment

Ive got 150ml ACF cups which are great for heat retention, I agree the small handle is a bone on contention with my wife but I dont mind. Several other glasses, espresso cups etc..................

Comment

Originally posted by 2muchcoffeeman link=1196551373/0#4 date=1196571028
                Originally posted by mwatt link=1196551373/0#3 date=1196570495

Dont worry too much Michelle. In that case, regardless of the size of the cup it ends up in a mug anyway!  : ;D
                ;D ;D ;D

Comment

I have these that I got from an auction (where my son works).
                  They were from the Ansett disposal auction.
                  Originally picked up 300 to make sure I got the dozen I was after.

They are german made, Rosenthal, and have the Ansett logo on the bottom as well.

I like them because they are round on the bottom on the inside, not flat.
                  I think it helps with pouring rosettas.

They are 200ml.

Comment

I collect cups, so anything that takes my fancy gets taken!

The enamel demitasse were purchased in Florence. The Krispy Kreme has a donut in the bottom of it, so I couldnt resist the novelty of it and the fact that it fits neatly under Silvias portafilter! The Bodums were cheap at Victorias basement, theyre just so beautifully light as well! And I picked up three different sizes of Duralex in Melbourne and Sydney. The shot glasses are Ikea 2 dollar jobs (gotta love Ikea! Well, I do at least!) and some kind soul at Veneziano gave me some glasses as a souvenir of my visit there... 8-) These are just a few examples of my faves.

Comment

Here are my actual cups I now use. (ACF)

Comment

Well Ozzy Osborne used to drink coffee out of a Mary Rose Young Tea Cup till it went up for charity auction this week.

Estimated price was: US$200-$400

Description:
                        OSBOURNE: OZZYS MARY ROSE YOUNG TEACUP AND SAUCER
                        Handpainted in a polychrome floral design. Signed on base, dated 1991. Together with a 1991 Mary Rose Young condiment holder with lid, spoon and saucer. Featured as Ozzys coffee cup in many episodes of season 3 and 4 of the show Height 4 1/2 inches; Diameter, 6 inches

Online sell price was: US$13,000
                        http://tinyurl.com/2vflzu

Comment

Yeah that cup definitely has Black Sabbath & heavy metal written all over it... !? :-? :-? :-?

Comment

in red, yellow and blue have to be my favourite, except of course for the Nuevo point espresso cups adorning my Domus.

anyone have Latte glass tips?

Comment

Some scotch glasses I stole from the Uni pub. Lets me have a nice view of the pour, and they look pretty sexy.

Comment

Working...
                              X