Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with Caffeine???

oh, wow, that sounds delicious!!
    i wonder whether the alcohol will negate the caffeine...?
    i normally cannot drink coffee (read: caffeine..) after 2PM...

L

Re: Whats in my grinder and cup today?

Originally posted by Lizzi link=1192703585/60#68 date=1197354292
    i normally cannot drink coffee (read: caffeine..) after 2PM...

L
    That must be very limiting Lizzi. What happens to the mid afternoon coffee, the after-diner coffee, the nightcap with biscuit (or, at the Robusto household tonight: coffee with French vanilla slice)?

OR do you compensate with decaf?

Comment

2PM: last bell for caffeine, (unless i am planning to have a late night anyway)
      mid-afternoon: piss-weak tea with lots of milk
      before dinner: glass(es) of something
      after dinner: cold drink
      night-cap: herbal tea or de-caf

yep, pretty ho-hum, Robusto, but it is just not worth it... i wont bore you with the details, but the difference between caffeinated sleep and non-caffeinated sleep is ..uhhmm.. sleep!!

once upon a time i could drink coffee until the cows came home... "sigh" ...still, my de-caf is pretty good, so my night-cap can be very enjoyable!

L

Comment

Interesting Lizzi. Once upon a time,  (about three years ago) I always had decaf.  Even the caffeine from chocolate sprinkled on my decaf cappuccino would surge through me  after a few minutes.

Caffeine at night would definitely prevent sleep.

Now that I am back on caffeine, there is no surge, no physical effect, and I can drink it at night and still sleep.  Umm..night.... time for a sickly sweet Galliano.  Will make a nice contrast to the very excellent 2005 Hardys cab sav I had with dinner. And before dinner.

But to get back on topic.... nothing in the grinder. But tomorrow morning it will have an eclectic blend of several south american beans plus Bali Gunung and a pinch of Monsoon Malabar. Puts hairs on your chest.

In the cup? --- the empty cup sits folornly next to my computer, but two hours ago it had a doppio of all the above, plus a dollop of steamed milk.

Comment

but two hours ago it had a doppio of all the above, plus a dollop of steamed milk.
          .....and a vanilla slice.... :P

L

Comment

Working...
          X