Where to go for Good Coffee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to go for Good Coffee?

I will be on Holidays next year and would like some advise as to where to go for a good coffee?

My Travels will take me to:

Darwin
    Brisbane (CBD)
    Pacific Paradise (QLD)
    Gold Coast
    Sydney (CBD)

Any advice on where to get a good coffee would be appreciated.

Re: Where to go for Good Coffee?

Originally posted by The Goodies link=1197716161/0#0 date=1197716161
    I will be on Holidays next year and would like some advise as to where to go for a good coffee?

My Travels will take me to:

Darwin
    Brisbane (CBD)
    Pacific Paradise (QLD)
    Gold Coast
    Sydney (CBD)

Any advice on where to get a good coffee would be appreciated.
    Find a snobs place Steve ;D and when you find your way to Sydney, youd all be welcome for a coffee at Sylvania

Comment

Im not a master of coffee by any means, but there are a few locations in brisbane where i can find decent coffee. incidentally, by other snobs standards they may be considered absolute junk; but these are places ive found based on my own tastes over the years

brisbane CBD is pretty terrible for coffee. In the city itself I dont mind "aromas" in the wintergarden. Its actually a chain, but Ive had quite a few good coffees in the wintergarden one (and a few bad ones). Less luck at the other locations.

just outside of brisbane CBD is west end which is probably the cafe district of brisbane (aalong with newfarm which is nearby). At west end I like "atomica" best. atomica has a nice combo of food and coffee thats made it my staple. some places probably have better food, and some probably have better coffee... but atomica has quite nice food AND coffee

And for me thats it. Ive been around at cafes here there and everywhere, but so far i like those ones best. Then again, I just try out random cafes rather than going based on the opinions of other coffee drinkers

Comment

I just had two thoughts over night... firstly, i drink my coffee with milk.. so keep that in mind for the above suggestions.

secondly, in the elizabeth arcade (in the city on elizabeth st) theres a cafe called "naked coffee" or some such. They use naked PFs and love to point out how awesome of a cafe they are..... i tend to think theyre overrated, but it would probably be worth checking out for a coffee snob

Comment

Sydney - youre also welcome for a coffee at Balmain. In the CBD and surrounds - have a look at the Sydney Cafe Crawl thread!

Comment

We are about 15mins drive from Pacific Paradise, not much else good in the area unfortunately. We have an outlet at the Sunshine Coast airport if you are flying in.

Comment

Originally posted by Pioneer Roaster link=1197716161/0#5 date=1198121412
              We are about 15mins drive from Pacific Paradise, not much else good in the area unfortunately. We have an outlet at the Sunshine Coast airport if you are flying in.
              Whilst in Pacific Paradise I will most likely come in for a coffee and maybe a quick tour of the Roastery Hint Hint.

Comment

Hi

In Brisbane i always get a nice coffee at DiBella ( 82 Abbotsford Road Bowen Hills) .... i work just up the road from it, and if you fancy a nice steak afterwards the breakfast creek hotel is around the coner as well ( a decent coffee can even be had there if Tanya is working the counter outside )

BTW greetings to all ! Just registered ... be nice

Cheers,

Mark.

Comment

If your passing through Newcastle, cant beat the little coffee shop in Beaumont Street Hamilton, just down towards Maitland Road on the left. Its from another era, get a feeling I was back in the late 60s early 70s, but wow, the coffee is great.

They cook their own on the premises and there is a real atmosphere about the place that makes it a real coffee experience.

Enjoy your travels!

Comment

Originally posted by The Goodies link=1197716161/0#6 date=1198143169
                    Originally posted by Pioneer Roaster link=1197716161/0#5 date=1198121412
                    Whilst in Pacific Paradise I will most likely come in for a coffee and maybe a quick tour of the Roastery     Hint Hint.
                    More than happy to, just introduce yourself. If you dont already know our roastery is integrated into the cafe so they are one and the same. We have no secrets here

Comment

Working...
                    X