Merry Christmas Sunbeam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merry Christmas Sunbeam

Some of you may have read about the EM6900 Ive been using at work.
    It developed a few faults recently:
    - Group head came away from the thermoblock
    - Steam pump died.

After two weeks away being serviced it came back just over a week ago and has been good, as expected.
    Then tragedy..........
    I had Friday off work and returned to the office on Monday the find my in-box overflowing with shrieks of woe.
    The steam pump was dead again.

I rang Sunbeam and after checking the service record, it turns out when the techs were looking at it, the pump was working so they gave it a bit of a service and after fixing the group head problem, returned the unit to us.

Id had my suspicions that the pump hadnt been changed as it didnt make sense for one to fail after 6 days of use.

Anyway, the customer service rep said shed call me back after discussing everything with her supervisor.

Well she didnt take long to call back and told me theyd decided to replace the faulty unit with a brand new EM6910.
    All I had to do was go swap them.
    So I took an early-mark from work and headed off to Botany where an EM6910 was waiting for me at reception.

Another example of excellent customer service by Sunbeam, a wonderful Christmas present for many people at work.

Merry Christmas Sunbeam !!!

Re: Merry Christmas Sunbeam

a sun beam joined with a thunder god - now thats an interesting weather forecast on the cards ahead ...

Comment

That is just fantastic TG. Its really great to know that some companies do still belive in great customers service and will stand by their products and will bend over backwards to make sure everything comes out okay.

Comment

Nice work TG,

The work crew must be stoked. Did you get the Stainless or Red version for the upgrade?

I have a funny feeling that Sunbeam might be in the works for their own upgrade. Maybe a EM6920 or EM7000 and dont mind getting rid of a few 6910s Breville jus upgraded to try and match the Sunbeam so I would assume Sunbeam would like to try and stay a step ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by The Goodies link=1197970434/0#3 date=1198024318
          Breville jus upgraded to try and match the Sunbeam .
          And its a pathetic upgrade at that!

Comment

You always seem to hear about peoples bad experiences. Nice to hear about a great experience for a change. Thumbs up for SUNBEAM.

Comment

I chose the stainless, though could have had the red.

Im now trying to talk the boss into stumping up for a grinder.
              He understands the need for a good one as he has an ECM at home but just cant remember which grinder he has.  :

I noticed today that the 6910 baskets appear smaller than the 6900 ones.
              Does anyone know what the difference in capacity is?

Comment

here here ,my 6910 is going great so far, (3 weeks old) best coffee i have had(bought some from coffee hit, great stuff.)

Comment

You might have to learn how to make a good shot all over again with the new machine. Im sure it shouldnt be too much different than the 6900 and after a day of playing you should be back pulling the Thunder God Shots again.

Comment

Youre right.
                    It took 3 goes to get the first decent shot out of it.

All back to normal now.

Comment

Youll noticed the pre-infusion is a tad different....

Comment

I managed to convince my boss, that we get the complete Sunbeam Cafe series, with the EM6910, EM0480 and the knock box! Its for our breakout room for our IT helpdesk. He hasnt had it approved yet....but it will be coming soon.

My boss even said, they would leave it boxed up until I return in the new year, if it arrives before then! We have discussed at work that, when new people go through their work induction we will, also give them an induction on how to use the coffee machine

I can see myself making alot more coffee Very happy to do so!

Comment

Nice one! I tried a similar thing at my workplace... falling on def ears though... plus the local onsite cafe would kick up a stink... shame really, the coffee they make and sell sucks!

Comment

Nicely done Christop!

I feel your pain, Marc. What makes it worse is that the guys I work with dont want to walk the extra 500m to the nearest decent cafe so we always end up at the work cafe for morning tea. Looking on the bright side, it saves me 3 bucks every day!

Comment

There are several cafes on site and they have to put up with the instant and teabag drinkers so 1 EM6910 amongst 6000 staff isnt going to cause too much kerfuffle.

Im also booked to give a training session next month on how to use the machine.
                              I WILL be emphasising cleaning.

Comment

Working...
                              X