Pre-Ground Coffee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Ground Coffee

I realised that I was nearly out of freshly roasted beans yesterday & hastily set up the corretto for a roast!

I wake up this morning & my wife wants wants a coffee as do I.  Since I only roasted yesterday, the beans are still de-gasing, & my wife says "Ive found a packet of pre-ground vittoria in the cupboard, do you want to use this?"  My insticts were to go with my day-old roasted Ethiopian Harrar & Peru Grace, but noooooooooooooooooo...I decided to use the pre-ground vittoria.

I just want to finish by saying that no crema was accompanied by no taste.

I have never appreciated the flavour, crema, ect. of my own roasted beans more than I did today!  8-)

Andrew

Re: Pre-Ground Coffee

your wife probably also got the picture, Andrew, and since she now truly appreciates the benefit of home-roasting, it may pave the way for the next bout of roaster-"upgraditis"...

""theres nooo coffee like freeeesh coffee... taddadadum..."" ;D ;D

L

Comment

My son scoffed at me when I purchased my first grinder saying "what do you need that for?", he then tasted the result of freshly ground beans and went out and bought his own 2 days later!!!

Comment

Liz & Greenman I totally agree!  ;D

Greenman, sorry to hear about your dad!  my prayers are with you & your family.

Regards
        Andrew

Comment

Thanks Andrew and all CSers who have expressed condolences, much appreciated!!!

Comment

Working...
          X