Did you know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you know?

I have been watching a DVD I got for Christmas called Living Coffee by Paul Bassett (2003 World Barista Champion). Whilst I think the camera work is a bit to be desired (I think they are trying a bit too hard to make it similar to Jamie Olivers style show) I am picking up some interesting bits of information. (Whilst not that important to most people) it is stuff that I think CSs like to know.

I would like to start this thread as a Did you know? topic (all relating to coffee of course)

My first Did you know is;

Did you know that the E61 group head was originally developed by Faema in 1961 hence the number 61.

Re: Did you know?

Originally posted by The Goodies link=1198798332/0#0 date=1198798332
    Did you know that the E61 group head was originally developed by Faema in 1961 hence the number 61.
    No. That explains the 61 part.

I wonder where the E comes from...

Comment

The E was just from the Model number "Faema E61".  It was developed by Carlo Valente

Comment

Originally posted by joe link=1198798332/0#1 date=1198798810
        Originally posted by The Goodies link=1198798332/0#0 date=1198798332
        No. That explains the 61 part.

I wonder where the E comes from...

E = Eclipse of 1961 - total solar eclipse visible in Italy in 1961...

or I could just be making that up

Comment

No, that is correct.

I have a genuine 2 gp E61 and a 3 gp E66. The E66 is virtually an E61 but with a totally different, later style body shell around the front section of the machine.

I think you will also find the E61 design doesnt just represent  the development of a particular style of grouphead on its own. It was a breakthough in commercial espresso machine design and the entire concept is basically the mother of the modern commercial heat exchanger machine.

Regardz,
          Attilio (real name)
          aka FC, first/original CS commercial site sponsor

Comment

Did you know: that civits (of Kopi Luwak fame) are the source of the SARS virus in humans?

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1125782863/14#14

Java "Ya never know what youll learn on CS!" phile
            Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

^I didnt know that Java! Good grief!

Comment

Yeah, I reckon...... Crikey! Forgot about that one ,

Some viruses are able to withstand extraordinary environmental conditions, from temperatures well below zero up to a couple of hundred degrees the other way. I wouldnt want to be a guinea pig anyway ,

Mal.

Comment

Get yourself an Aldi heatgun.

"Intended Use

Disinfection - With hot air of 600 C you can quickly rid animal sties/stables of bacteria. Woodworm infestation can be controlled"

Comment

Originally posted by The Goodies link=1198798332/0#2 date=1198799952
                    The E was just from the Model number "Faema E61".  It was developed by Carlo Valente
                    ......who went off & created VBM (with Mr.B & Mr.M I suppose). Apparently us "Domobarians" get the real deal E61 group.........or so I was told when I bought mine!

Comment

Working...
                    X