Darby Street Coffee Festival June 5th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darby Street Coffee Festival June 5th

Just a quick note for my fellow Novocastrians. As the subject line suggests, the Darby Street Coffee Festival is on again Sunday the 5th of June between 10am and 4pm.

I went last year and it wasnt too exciting. Whilst its no Celebrate the Bean or Aroma Festival, its better than nothing at all, and if it is a nice sunny day I cant think of a better way to spend the afternoon.

It is the day after I get married and my soon to be wifes birthday, so I might not get to spend as much time there as Id like

Without getting the rubber chickens out I cant think of a way for local CSs to recognise each other. Ill just listen for questions about naked PFs and roast profiles

-Stephen-

Re: Darby Street Coffee Festival June 5th

Sounds like a great place to start your honeymoon :

I can lend you a rubber chicken too.

Comment

Hmmm

Honeymoon and rubber chicken in the same post... should I be worried?

Comment

Darby Street Coffee Festival June 5th - photo

Not quite sure why they call it a "coffee festival", really.  
        Beautiful day.  Lots of arty crafty stuff and cafes and shops selling their wares. The usual crystals and dodgy art work. :

Very busy ( as the photo shows) and a fun day.  Anyone would have enjoyed it as long as they werent expecting a serious coffee focus.
        Looking forward to my first Beanfest in Sydney next year!!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/mlaceybucket/P2060006.jpg

Comment

Looks like they pulled a good crowd!

Did you bump into the the freshly married Sharkboy with blushing bride in tow?

(.... or wasnt he allowed out to play)

Comment

Yeah it could have been called the Darby Street Market Day or something similar...

Barely a coffee focus really, unless you count that coffee flavoured milk stand. Dare espresso I think?

Danes, Suspension, PeaBerrys, Belaroma, were the main coffee companies with a presence on the day.

I was geeky enough to be wearing an alt.coffee t-shirt and be carrying not one but 2 tampers around with me

I did catch up to a couple of coffee people but other than that it was a bust.

Aroma Festival is coming up. It should be much better, but I think Ill leave the tampers at home for that one

Comment

Working...
            X