Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fresh roasted beans (roasters) in Perth CBD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresh roasted beans (roasters) in Perth CBD?

Doing a search I drew up a blank so here it goes: Where do I get freshly roasted beans in Perth CBD (or as close as possible to due to lack of transportation)?

Re: Fresh roasted beans (roasters) in Perth CBD?

there is caffisimo in west perth, cnr colin and hay that roast on premises. or you can buy five senses coffee from both velvet (king street) and epic (ord? st west perth) cafes. five senses is definitely better than the caffisimo i have tried.

Clint

Comment

Also consider Tiger Tiger Cafe (between Hay and Murray Streets, but about opposite Central Park building). Very central and very nice Fiori coffee on offer.

Cheers,

-A-

Comment

Originally posted by Clinto link=1199675677/0#1 date=1199676934
        caffisimo in west perth, cnr colin and hay that roast on premises.

Good spot, nice people, I go there daily
        Oh and I agree five senses is definitely better than the caffisimo.

Comment

Have you considered buying online? Five Senses and most roasters have online shops and delivery is usually very prompt. Coffee Snobs Brown would get to you fairly quickly as well!!

Comment

Cafe 154 - 154 Pier St (between Murray and Hay, east side of road)
            Ristretto - in Central 160 arcade, between 160 St Georges Tce and Hay St near Central Park

Both use their own custom blend, roasted freshly by 5 senses, and sell bags of it from their cafes.

An enjoyable project would be to visit all the cafes mentioned in this thread to sample (in the name of research) each of their blends to see what you like best. Theyre all different, in ways I dont have the vocabulary to describe.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys.. OK to be a bit more specific, I am not currently in Perth, my sister is on a work trip. She doesnt drink coffee, but shes looking to buy about 250g for my mum overseas when she returns. My mums favourite is the Kenya AA, so that what my sister will be looking for, failing that, I would suspect quite a few Africans could come close to it ie. Harar, Yirgs, Rwandan Cyangugu, Ugandan Bugisu...

Say, how far is Five senses away from Perth CBD? Is there public transport there?

Comment

Nah, Five Senses is out in the boonies... down at Rockingham to be precise. That said, they do deliveries on a regular basis into many venues in and around the city. I have bought single origin yirg from them afore. Give them a bell on 08 9528 6200 and see if you cant organise what you want and arrange a pick up from a venue somewhere close in the CBD.

Failing that, if you are in the CBD, its easy to get to Caffissimo on the ground floor of the AMP building on the corner of William and St Georges Terrace (see their website for more detail). I think Caffissimo is fantastic coffee - a lighter roast than 5 senses.

Comment

King Street Cafe roats thier own, available by wieght, not cheap though

Comment

Originally posted by slowdown link=1199675677/0#7 date=1199761940
                    Nah, Five Senses is out  in the boonies... down at Rockingham to be precise. That said, they do deliveries on a regular basis into many venues in and around the city. I have bought single origin yirg from them afore. Give them a bell on 08 9528 6200 and see if you cant organise what you want and arrange a pick up from a venue somewhere close in the CBD.
                    Not sure if theyll be too keen to deliver 250g of coffee... I can understand a kg or more, but 250g might not be worth their time. Ill call anyway to find out.

Comment

Working...
                    X