Great SIte, Im New

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great SIte, Im New

Ok, here goes, I just found your website whilst browsing for Barista courses and thought Id jump aboard, you guys have done well, this may take me sometime to get used to so let me know if im doing anything wrong. I work full time in a cafe in Armidale as a coffee maker (I have no qualifications) but ive learnt alot in the 2 years that I have been there prior to that I made coffees without appreciating what there really is to making a good cup, and I am just so fascinated by coffee and want to learn more, im hoping you guys can all teach me something as I know I have only scratched to surface in what is involved and so many people don;t see making espresso coffee as an art, but it truly is isnt it. I was also wondering how do you get into the whole side of roasting? I know its a skill that would take a lot to learn but im just so intreigued just wondering what other people think, I feel so deprived....

Re: Great SIte, Im New

Greetings Laalaa,

Im sure you will find some interesting information to assist on the coffee journey here.

As for teaching you something, best bet is to come up with a specific question and search the forum to see if its been asked. If not, post it and see what happens.

With regard to getting into roasting, do you mean personal, professional, both?
    There are many threads around on starting up personal roasting with either inexpensive options such as popcorn popper or heat gun/bowl or heat gun/bread maker (Corretto).
    You could also look at purpose built roasters like the Gene Cafe (not quite so cheap!)

But be careful, one user here started with a Gene Cafe and has now ended up with a 3kg Diedrich. Somewhat pricier than a popper ;-)

Comment

Re: Great SIte, Im New

Originally posted by fatboy link=1201133184/0#1 date=1201133789
      But be careful, one user here started with a Gene Cafe and has now ended up with a 3kg Diedrich. Somewhat pricier than a popper ;-)
      Even scarier Brett, I actually started with a popper! :

Comment

Working...
      X