Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Laziness takes on a whole new meaning...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laziness takes on a whole new meaning...

before you judge ,..understand my frame of mind. I have a raging headache, I couldnt face cleaning up my coffee mess with this headache, but I need a coffee now!  I dont want instant coffee, I want a real strong coffee, and there is nobody here right now to make it for me and clean up afterwards.  Now that I painted this picture....

I confess that I was bad just now,..very very bad... I cut a few corners in the coffee making process so that I could get a coffee down me fast and have no mess to clean up.  Youve heard of one-pot cooking right?,.. well I just made a one-cup Cappuccino,..albeit and upside-down Cappuccino as it turned out  :.  

Disclaimer: I do not recommend this, as it could be dangerous and result in cracked china and scalding.
    I poured the milk straight into my cup and frothed it there, (well at least my cup got warmed in the process). Poured a double shot directly over the frothed milk and sprinkled a little chocolate over the froth to stop it looking so white and unappealing phrrrrt!

Outcome; well I still made mess, it was reduced slightly by one less jug to clean however the CM, myself, the bench and the wall were covered in milk spray instead :,. I got my strong coffee slightly faster, it tasted passable (given that Im using cwap supermarket coffee grounds atm anyway), and it looked more like a latte topped with a layer of soap suds sprinkled with chocolate.

Hmmm..it was the headache I tell ya.... I wasnt thinking straight.

Going to lay down now  :-[ :P

Re: Laziness takes on a whole new meaning...

This is similar to the way our automatic machine at work makes coffee.
    It dispenses the hot milk and foam first then the shot of coffee last. I dont go for that myself as i am not really into milk based drinks prefering a long black or just a dash of milk.

It home i regularly froth milk in a cup for the kids when making their hot chocolate, mainly because its easier than getting the jug out etc. you just need to be more careful especially with the temp of the milk because depending on the thickness of the cup you will get a different feel when holding as opposed to a normal SS jug.

Mal

Comment

LOL! Ive always been slightly tempted to froth the milk in the large takeaways but havent actually done it...for good reason it seems! ;D

Comment

Youre a cack Remy! Stay eccentric!

Comment

haha... yeah another reason I dont do the milk thing with my coffees - or maybe Im just naturally lazy.

Comment

I loved your confession of laziness, Remy, and it has given me the courage to come clean about my own.

Back in my old pre-snob days (using an espresso machine but with stale pre-ground beans), I rarely bothered steaming the milk. Id two-thirds fill a cup with milk, heat it in the microwave, then pour the espresso on top. Substandard, but I didnt know any better. With my ingredients and techniques back then, it didnt taste any different anyway.

What is really shameful is that now, as a trained and equipped coffee snob who does know better and can taste the difference, I still sometimes microwave the milk in the mug and add the espresso to it, instead of properly steaming the milk.

When I do this, its usually at 6am when making breakfast - at that time of day Im not quite at my best. The slight sacrifice in taste is justified by the quicker and more efficient get up & get ready routine, or at least thats how I see it ... perhaps its just my excuse for laziness? I hjope this doesnt mean I have to surrender my coffeeSnobs membership card.

Comment

No, actually! I recall some discussion a while back now where we talked about microwaving milk for coffee.

Okay...so maybe its time I head on over to the Porch and talk about the good old days there...: ;D

Comment

Working...
              X