CS haunt Cordial gets a review in the Herald

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS haunt Cordial gets a review in the Herald

http://www.smh.com.au/news/restaurant-reviews/cordial/2008/02/08/1202234145568.html

Re: CS haunt Cordial gets a review in the Herald

The not so well kept secret is now well and truly out of the bag.Very cool for them

Comment

Good review but not nearly enough made of the coffee.

Ah well, I guess that the reviewer was more of a foodie than a Coffeesnob!

Good to see CSrs are trendsetters too!

Comment

Good review I thought.

Cordial has the best coffee in Sydney IMHO.

But they do some good food and service there as well. So happy for the general review I guess.

Comment

I went there about two weeks ago, on a Saturday. My lunch was really good, but my coffees were great!

Their barista really knows what he is doing and his latte art was excellent

Comment

I was visiting Sydney (and Newtown) today and, based on recommendations on this forum, paid a visit to Cordial.

Im surprised people are recommending this place. The coffee was bitter, poorly extracted. The place was dirty and grungey and the bean hopper on their grinder was covered in rancid old coffee bean oils!

My latte was so bad I couldnt finish it! A big disappointment.

I was walking back up the street, lamenting the bitter aftertaste and waste of money, and quite by accident discovered Campos. This restored my faith! Excellent coffee here and great service.

Comment

Cordial used to use Golden Cobra beans. Something happened about a year ago, they changed their coffee and now they arent very good anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by 51565D5D564747330 link=1202515800/6#6 date=1317298349
                Cordial used to use Golden Cobra beans. Something happened about a year ago, they changed their coffee and now they arent very good anymore.
                Golden Cobra dont roast and are not involved with them anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by 75545F5F5842310 link=1202515800/7#7 date=1317330410
                  Golden Cobra dont roast and are not involved with them anymore.

I dont understand what youre saying Dennis.

I agree, Cordial is in no way associated with Golden Cobra. They used to use their beans - Vertigo Blend - way back when...but not anymore.

However, Golden Cobra does still roast. I buy their beans weekly by mail order.

Comment

What Im saying is that Golden Cobra no longer roast for Cordial. Cordial changed hands a while back. Its not the same.

Comment

Originally posted by 5C7D7676716B180 link=1202515800/9#9 date=1317338891
                      What Im saying is that Golden Cobra no longer roast for Cordial.  Cordial changed hands a while back.  Its not the same.
                      I thought thats what you meant.

Comment

Working...
                      X