Good coffee in Brisbane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good coffee in Brisbane

Hi Im new here. However, I like the indulgence of a good cuppa since I dont have a good coffee machine at home. The places that I remember good coffee are The Spot at Taringa, Merlo at Bowen Hills and Merlo at UQ library. Got a place to recommend?

Re: Good coffee in Brisbane

here is a couple of resent threads on that

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1192069947/0#0

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1200443624/0#0

Comment

Hey thanks jimmyb!

Comment

Originally posted by joerg link=1203086566/0#0 date=1203086566
        Hi Im new here. However, I like the indulgence of a good cuppa since I dont have a good coffee machine at home. The places that I remember good coffee are The Spot at Taringa, Merlo at Bowen Hills and Merlo at UQ library. Got a place to recommend?
        Welcome joerg ...

Like in any city, use your feet & palate & explore ...

Tony

Comment

Recently I have been having a coffee at different cafes around southbank, Ive tried 4 different places and all have been bitterly disappointing.

It makes me sad to look over and see their multi thousand $$$ set ups behind the counter, and have all that gear go to such waste. Apparently a bit of white foamy stuff constitutes crema in these places. sigh

On another note I think grinder manufacturers should be shot for attaching those plastic things you push up into (apparently tamping)

I look forward to home time when I can have a proper coffee on my (quiet meager in comparison) presso and emo480.

Ill let you know if I find a good coffee on that side of the river.

Comment

Ill let you know if I find a good coffee on that side of the river.

[/QUOTE]
            Hey Krane,
            Thanks, hope to hear from you soon. I hear theres some award winner at Westend. Well I got a Silva from trading post.. just short of a grinder. However, this is also my first coffee machine. Once I get a proper grinder, minimum em0480.. I can start learning to pull a proper shot.
            Wow, the Presso looks really innovative on the video. Yes nothing beats the home made stuff!

Comment

Try Caffeine at Tenneriffe and Campos in the James St markets. I havent been to the Campos in Newmarket yet, but John Ronchi was using Campos coffee at Naked Coffee in the Elizabeth st. arcade and the shots were very memorable. They are apparently roasting here in Brisbane as well (or will be soon).

... or you can try to find GOD (Tony) in his coffee van and get shots that are right up there, albeit in a paper cup...

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky link=1203086566/0#6 date=1204774610
                Try Caffeine at Tenneriffe and Campos in the James St markets. I havent been to the Campos in Newmarket yet, but John Ronchi was using Campos coffee at Naked Coffee in the Elizabeth st. arcade and the shots were very memorable. They are apparently roasting here in Brisbane as well (or will be soon).

... or you can try to find GOD (Tony) in his coffee van and get shots that are right up there, albeit in a paper cup...
                er, mobile cafe thanks Mark! ;D

Comment

Working...
                X