Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Courier mail lifestyle awards- best cafe

Hi all

The Courier Mail is running a competition called The Queensland Lifestyle Awards and one of the categories is Brisbanes Best Cafe and Brisbanes Best Barista. There are some good prizes for the winners, and I reckon that its about time the best were recognised. Votes close on Sunday. Heres the website http://lifestyleawards.couriermail.com.au/

xabitha

Re: Courier mail lifestyle awards- best cafe

So CSrs...
    who is Brissys best?

Comment

Sorry, that should be Queenslands best of course. Its open to anyone from the cape to cooloongatta and it would be great to actually get to hear about some of them outside the urban area. I dont drink coffee out myself too much these days so really dont have any idea who Queenslands best barista is, nor the best cafe. Last time I had a good coffee was at Mt Tamborine Coffee Plantation and before that Urban Grind in Paddington, but I hear that high rent increases are forcing them to leave.

xabitha

Comment

Well, Ive tried quite a few of the recommended cafes in South Bank and around central Brisbane and Ill vote hands down for Naked Coffee in Elizabeth. I can still remember the taste of the espresso, there was a PNG and Sulawesi in the blend that both came through distinctly in the cup. John Ronchi there knows his stuff. It was peak hour trade and he was still pulling out awesome shots. Hes also got May and Ant there who compete in the Barista Championships.

I recken Pioneer Roastery coffee would also be pretty wicked by the sound of things, but its a fair drive for the city folk.

Comment

Working...
        X