thank you to Ofra at di bartoli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thank you to Ofra at di bartoli

i think its great when people and stores offer help without asking you to bring your machine in and charge you fees for simple things

i thought i had toasted the boiler in my rancilio silvia and, thinking this job would cost a few hundred dollars REALLY wanted to give it to Chris at talk coffee as he answered a question about my rocky grinder - even offering to help me over the phone - free of charge of course!

however living in sydney i thought the hassle and cost of sending my silvia to melb - living in sydney - would outweigh the pleasure it would give me to support such a good guy, sorry Chris  especially as i didnt keep any of the packing materials.

soooooo i checked the sponsors list and found di bartoli in bondi and sent them an email .... now i know most of you know about things like the thermostat reset and posting here would have saved me the hassle of tracking down a rancilio dealer but having heard the horror stories about leaving the steam switch on i just assumed it was a shop job

any way  i sent di bartoli an email and Ofra sent back an email describing the thermo reset button and to try it first and the costs involved if this didnt work

needless to say it did

thank you to Ofra and di bartoli ! and coffee snobs for making it easy to find a great local store with the site sponsors!!

dave

Re: thank you to Ofra at di bartoli

Originally posted by davem link=1204248559/0#0 date=1204248559
    i think its great when people and stores offer help without asking you to bring your machine in and charge you fees for simple things

i thought i had toasted the boiler in my rancilio silvia and, thinking this job would cost a few hundred dollars REALLY wanted to give it to Chris at talk coffee as he answered a question about my rocky grinder - even offering to help me over the phone - free of charge of course!

however living in sydney i thought the hassle and cost of sending my silvia to melb - living in sydney - would outweigh the pleasure it would give me to support such a good guy, sorry Chris  especially as i didnt keep any of the packing materials.

soooooo i checked the sponsors list and found di bartoli in bondi and sent them an email .... now i know most of you know about things like the thermostat reset and posting here would have saved me the hassle of tracking down a rancilio dealer but having heard the horror stories about leaving the steam switch on i just assumed it was a shop job

any way  i sent di bartoli an email and Ofra sent back an email describing the thermo reset button and to try it first and the costs involved if this didnt work

needless to say it did

thank you to Ofra and di bartoli ! and coffee snobs for making it easy to find a great local store with the site sponsors!!

dave
    Great that all is well Dave and fantastic support from Ofra and Renzo.

Thats what this community is all about! [smiley=tekst-toppie.gif]

Chris

Comment

Working...
    X