Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got my first coffee order

Hey everyone,
    im a new member and just had to post about getting my first order from Coffee Snobs.
    i decided to join the site after my Wife Melinda joined and looked at a new machine for me. She ordered the Roasted sample pack for me and it arrived today.

The smell in the staff room today drove all the teachers crazy as they wanted some of it and i myself couldnt wait to get home and try it. Im having an espresso made from the Malawi AA+ beans that came. WOW. I dont think i will sleep tonight as i must try the other 4 beans i got.

I wasnt sure about my wife spending up big on these new machines that she was looking at, but now after looking at the site and drinking this, i have also asked her to get me a Genie Roaster so i can try my hand at roasting as i can never go back to normal beans from supermarkets.

Sorry for the long post but i just had to say how happy i am with the site and the BEST coffee i have ever had. Melinda is talking to sponsors about an espresso machine, a new grinder and now a roaster, but now she is thinking of not the silvia she asked about but is now looking at higher priced machines so expect some new qustions from her this week.

Cheers
    Chris

Re: Just got my first coffee order

Good stuff Chris, its always a pleasure to read feedback like this.

as i can never go back to normal beans from supermarkets
    In a single post you sound like a convert... you are now a CoffeeSnob and you are among friends with a similar habit/passion/obsession
    ;-)

Enjoy the journey to great coffee!

Welcome to CoffeeSnobs.

Comment

Welcome to the wonderful world of Snobdom Chris, you have reached the point of no return now but the journey will be wonderful especially with the help and encouragement you will receive from all of the dedicated and passionate coffee lovers on CS.
      Enjoy the experience...........cheers
      Trevor

Comment

I just made my second cup 5 mins ago from the Colombian Volcan Galeras beans. I can only see one problem from this coffee, i have a stock of longlife milk for my coffees ( we live in Aurukun in Far north QLD, its very remote and have to stock up), i pulled the shot, and figured before i got the milk started i would have a sip to try it and see if i could tell the flavours. Well i never got to the milk part as it tasted so good i didnt want to spoil the taste with milk

Comment

"Well i never got to the milk part as it tasted so good i didnt want to spoil the taste with milk"

Thats a quick trip up the learning curve It took us a couple of months after getting
          our E61 machine to convert to "espresso only".

And a warning about home roasting: you can easily find yourself giving half of it
          away to friends etc who "never tasted anything like this before".

Comment

Glad you loved the espresso so much Chris, it is satisfying when your home roasted beans taste so great, it makes you want to race out and start another batch. You will be hanging out for beanbays each month for now on to see what wonderful beans you have to choose from, I havent had a disappointing bean yet and each new bay brings a new taste sensation.

Comment

Working...
            X