Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holidays n coffee

Hi everyone,

Am on holidays with the family on the gold coast. So of course that involves coffee ;D

So Can anyone let me know where the coffee plantation is on Mt Tambourine...or anywhere else in the area.

Thanks,

Mark.

Re: Holidays n coffee

Try these plantations:

Mount Tamborine Coffee Plantation
    64 Alpine Terrace
    Mount Tamborine QLD  4272
    http://www.totaltravel.com.au/link.asp?fid=632732

Tangakinya Coffee
    330 Federal Rd
    FEDERAL NSW 2480
    http://tangakinyacoffee.com.au/

Wayne

Comment

The coffee plantation cafe gets really busy on sundays,so I recomend a visit during the week so "Kees" the guy who runs the plantation and does the roasting can show you around.What they are doing up Mt Tamborine is absolutely amazing.

Comment

Thanks for that . Will let you know how it went.

Comment

Hi Thumper,
          I hope the coffee went well on your holiday. I visited the Mt Tamborine plantation when I us on holidays in January.

Here is the link with a few pictures!

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1203336117

Cheers

gadget

Comment

Thanks Gadget
            I only had two good coffees while away and one was at the Mt Tamborine Plantation.
            Thankfully i took the moka pot and gas burner, ground up all i had before i went, bought a bag of Mt Tamborine ground (dont have a hand grinder), coffee fetish satisfied again.
            Gave some to a mate of mine, he likes too.
            Kees loves his plantation, and is passionate about promoting the local industry. We had a great time looking around the plantation.
            Great photos you got, makes me wanna go back.
            Wish i lived in frost free climate. Might have to find big greenhouse.

Comment

Hi Thumper,

Glad you enjoyed the Mt tamborine plantation as much as I did.

Maybe no need for a green house. Coffee can grow in filtered light (rain forest), so may be indoor plant. Importantly it needs a stable temperature. The high grown coffees are grown at altitude (partly) because of the stable temperature.

I found it to be enjoyable to blend hobby into holiday! Where to go for next holiday?

Comment

Hi Gadget

I dont cope with holidays very well, and dont usually get involved in planning them, unless i can find coffee there. I spent this past week working in Bodalla, stayed in house on Potato Point so my wife tends to think i had a second holliday. Ocean looks nice at sunrise and by moonlight. By day all i saw was Dairy cows.
                Had i more i time would have stopped at Euro Coffee , but when i am in home mode i am difficult to stop.
                When my wife finds a destination rest assured ill be asking CS about its coffee though.

Comment

Working...
                X