Using Rainwater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Rainwater

I have searched threads but not found any discussion on whether people believe rainwater is a preferred option to filtered water (taste wise).Would it also have an advantage with regard to scale build up?

Re:  Using Rainwater

Gday ,

Found this thread... http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1177020867/0 and lots of others in about 20 seconds mate so theyre out there

Mal.

Comment

Thanks for that ........that is more than enough info..... I will now crawl back into my cave of ignorance :-[ :-[

Comment

I used rainwater in my La San Marco domestic machine for more than 20 years and never de-scaled.
        When I dismantled it for service last year the inside of the boiler was clean and tidy.
        Im continuing to use rainwater in my VBM Domobar.
        I moved house a few years ago and the water isnt quite as clean as at the old house so I filter it through a paper filter to remove large sediment. Im considering how to run it through the .5 micron carbon block filter that sits on the benchtop, but it needs more pressure than I have available.
        Greg

Comment

Originally posted by GregWormald link=1205806617/0#3 date=1205835620
          I used rainwater in my La San Marco domestic machine for more than 20 years and never de-scaled.
          When I dismantled it for service last year the inside of the boiler was clean and tidy.
          Im continuing to use rainwater in my VBM Domobar.
          I moved house a few years ago and the water isnt quite as clean as at the old house so I filter it through a paper filter to remove large sediment. Im considering how to run it through the .5 micron carbon block filter that sits on the benchtop, but it needs more pressure than I have available.
          Greg

Wow thats reassuring! I went through these same ruminations a year ago when I upgraded, deciding on rainwater (vs filtered) instead. Sounds like either would be better than tap water, but so glad to hear of your success!

-A-

Comment

Working...
          X