Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alright..confess! Do you schlurp....?

when youre drinking alone? And I mean drinking coffee ;D

Quite by accident the other day :,.. and while all alone... I decided to have a little schlurp of my coffee, thinking in terms of the cupping technique and purpose to see if it made any difference. Surprisingly.. I picked up the fruity flavour that I had not detected at all without schlurping,...in the first half dozen coffees of this particular roast . This roast was my first BBQ Barrel roast and unfortunately suffered a little outer layer burn on a small percentage of the batch... and so is tainted somewhat with a prominant ash-like flavour as a result. I think its pretty neat to be able to pick up the fruityness through the ash,..this way,.. and might have to schlurp through the remaining 250g of this batch to really enjoy it ;D

Which brings me to a question.... If a tree falls down in the woods and nobody is there to hear it fall,... did it really make a noise??? ;D

*schluuuuuuurp*

Re: Alright..confess! Do you schlurp....?

I totally agree! It tastes so much better to schlurp. The problem is, that if the tree makes a habit of making so much noise falling down in the woods while no one is watching, then the tree wouldnt be able to help him/herself when the tree is ...drinking coffee among other trees! Haha. Thats my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by richy_4000 link=1207056193/0#1 date=1207060132
      I totally agree! It tastes so much better to schlurp. The problem is, that if the tree makes a habit of making so much noise falling down in the woods while no one is watching, then the tree wouldnt be able to help him/herself when the tree is ...drinking coffee among other trees! Haha. Thats my experience.
      aaar yes...very good point and could be very embarrasing for the tree. Taking mental note. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Remy link=1207056193/0#0 date=1207056192
        Which brings me to a question.... If a tree falls down in the woods and nobody is there to hear it fall,... did it really make a noise??? ;D

*schluuuuuuurp*
        How do you think the sluurp was discovered? A tree fell in the woods and startled some poor lumberjack who was minding his own business peacefully sipping on his cuppa joe. *schluuuuuuurp* : ;D

Java "Slurping away!" phile
        Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Javaphile link=1207056193/0#3 date=1207095926
          How do you think the sluurp was discovered? A tree fell in the woods and startled some poor lumberjack who was minding his own business peacefully sipping on his cuppa joe. *schluuuuuuurp* : ;D
          Java "Slurping away!" phile
          no I think that was... Holy faaaaaa.... *squelllllch*! " :P

Comment

Working...
          X