Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rover Kopi?

;D 8-) : ;DHeres another spin on animal poo coffee:--

"I once heard of a guy in the Ozarks who fed his blue tick hound fresh coffee berries to speed him up in the hunting season plus to hieghten his awarness.Then after an all night run the dog would lay on his back put all four legs in the air and howl relentlessly. After a few cans of skippy dog food and a few days time the dog would pass the beans with great consternation. Everyone would then process them and enjoy the flavor. This mans named Billy and he called his beans Bluetick Billies and theyve been the rage back in the woods for at least a decade. I saw a special once on T.V. about it so this Kopi Luwak stuff isnt really the original take on this digested,aged in the gut and then excreted beans thing. Its been around a long time and he only charged a couple bucks a pound if I remember correctly"

I discovered this post reading about Kopi Luwak on a US site.

Re: Rover Kopi?

Beans processed by a DOG????? Neh, no chance of me trying those. Not at all. Ever. Not even in the next lifetime.

Cat poo is bad enough, dog poo is something else again.

Comment

Im astounded that people can even be bothered making a distinction between which animal crapped it out!

I think Ill stick to the rule "If its in poo, its not for me!"

Comment

hmmm... Im getting a mental picture of {{Everyone would then process them}} and it aint pretty. Lets see,.. first squeeze the coffee beans from the dog shiiiiii~~ oh thats just nasty!!!

Comment

Sounds like somebodys yanking peoples chains to me.

Where did he get the cherries from? Coffee can not survive the winters in the Continental US and certainly not in the Ozarks where they can be quite harsh. Which means he would have to have fresh cherries flown in from another country at least a thousand miles away. An expensive undertaking even today let alone decades ago.

Now had they said he fed the dogs roasted beans or even green beans it would be much more believable, but cherries? Highly unlikely.

Java "An Urban Legend" phile
          Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

I thought my Kopi Kecilsapi was a much more credible tale.

Ok, maybe not.

Comment

Working...
            X