Mediocre decaf please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mediocre decaf please?

Alright I admit this seeems a weird request but I will explain.
    My kids have started to learn to use the super auto -usually filled with decaf beans for my wife.
    This means its getting empty more often.
    The upside is my kids are choosing coffee over milo :- Its important as a father to get your kids into good patterns for the rest of their lives.
    The downside is obvious- they are now looking for the key to my back room cafe where Silvia lives.
    So my request is unusual Andy... perhaps a mediocre grade decaf so that the kids stay off the milo but remain interested in the carrot that will be theirs when they are older- being non decaf super quality coffee. :
    Now before you think I am letting my wife down on the decaf matter, let me fill you in...
    She doesnt drink milk, and she cant have soy! So I make her Rice milk decafs with sugar!
    Now you have to admit- someone who drinks Rice milk decafs with sugar- really doesnt need a top quality decaf- RIght?
    Someone tell me Im right.
    ANd please.... Shhhhh
    Andrea doesnt need to know about this discussion. 8-)

Re: Mediocre decaf please?

NOOOO, dont do it!

If using rice milk and sugar I think it makes it even more important to use the best decaf possible - and for me, thats the Mocha Java Andy offers.

I must confess I hate roasting any decaf though - its very touchy.

Comment

oh yeah- it is touchy stuff... not much chaff,, no perceptible crack etc.
      I agree there.
      RH

Comment

An interesting request for sure but I can see where you are coming from.

Decaf is always expensive, even when the grade of it is crummy. I assume its the extra processing that adds to the cost.

The biggest gotcha I can see is that a cheap decaf will be chemical not water processed and for me thats just not a good option.

Ill keep any eye open but dont hold your breath rayzurhed

Comment

:-?
          Perhaps I was a little rash..
          Whatever the quality- I need some.
          Main thing is I dont want my kids breaking into my room and sipping the pure essence of the caffiene infused brew.
          I can wait a month... maybe.
          :P
          RH

Comment

Rayzurhead; you should read Grendels Blog , under the meading our local ,he appears to give grendel jnr full strength coffee.

Comment

I can wait a month... maybe.
              There is some of the Mocha Java decaf in this BeanBay too, not a lot, but some.

Comment

I have friends who charge their ADHD kids with caffeinated coffee twice a day.

It makes them slow down markedly, reducing their Ritalin dose. Its no allusion.

Comment

$ the MJ RH, ts A1!

Comment

Working...
                  X