Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soy-Chai adversly effects the complaint gene.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soy-Chai adversly effects the complaint gene.

Howdy all,

I have a theory: Consumption of SOY-CHAI (not only excessive consumption but any consumption at all) has an adverse effect on the consumers complaint regulation system, causing the consumer to find fault in all things directly and/or indirectly related to any establishement they enter. This complaint regulation fault seems to render the SOY-CHAI consumer incapable of saying anything that any non SOY-CHAI consumer deems listenable and results in the consumer complaining of things unworthy of complaint.

....or is it just me and the SOY-CHAI consumers that enter my cafe?

Re: Soy-Chai adversly effects the complaint gene.

Its funny seeing the incredulous looks I get when I tell customers we dont have soy. I can understand that people have allergies or intolerances to dairy. That Im fine with if it is stated prior to ordering. However, it seems like the guilt trip is laid out far too often _after_ theyre told its not available.

Had three customers come in near closing on a Saturday afternoon. I greeted them and asked what they would like. The mum asks for a soy latte. I said sorry, we dont do soy. Her reply: "I dont take dairy." Im fine with that, but then she produced a packet of Jarrah white choc something, and asked me to make a long black with it. I quickly looked at the ingredients, and lo and behold, the first one was milk solids. Then it was the sons turn...He was severely indecisive, and asked for a Fanta, to which his mum told him off, and have something not so "sticky." After about five minutes, he begrudgingly ordered a skim strawberry milkshake (or at least his mother ordered for him). I went to get the ice cream, when the boy asked what brand the ice cream was. I thought it odd, and just replied its plain vanilla ice cream. The mother butted in and said he has a nut allergy and mumbling something about certified nut-free. Instead of letting me know of life-threatening food allergies beforehand, they would have let me discover that fact by having their son convulsing on the floor on my own. She said just use ice, and skim milk. It was a revolting drink with next to no flavour to speak of. I found out later that he was dumping packets of Equal into it to make it palatable. At least nan was tactful in ordering a simple cappucino.

I seriously dont know if the son really had a nut allergy, and wasnt going to risk finding out. But Im pretty certain the mother was a true hypocrit.

Comment

Lol, read that as compliment gene and was thinking of the complement cascade/immunity.

Hey, Ive been known to have a soy chai now and then (hubby is on a quest to brew a good chai concoction) though I do like your observation. I reckon your statement is even true-er if the person is a yoga, pilates (yogalates?) fan.

Comment

I have no problems with chai. It should be left as a milk/soy-free product however.

Now correct me if Im wrong, but isnt pilates based in part on yoga? So combining the two would merely be just modifying yoga?

Comment

Pilates is a modern invention and I think youre right about the yoga base.

Comment

The way milk prices are heading, Im about to tell people we dont stock skim, low fat or soy milk...Or at the very least add another 50 cents per drink for such milk. Has anyone else seen the price of milk lately!? I swear, its worse than petrol!

And before I totally bag out Dairy Farmers....check out the price of 3 litres against 2 litres for yourselves...you might notice something that we did and its not all good!

Nunu, Id love to know why you dont stock soy. Is it cost/convenience related?

And we dont do any chai latte stuff. Nor am I about to.

Comment

We were at a cafe at Cronulla for lunch yesterday - coffee was $3.30 and soy or skim an extra 50c.  First time Ive seen a surcharge for skim.

3 litres of Pura whole milk costs me $4 at Woolies.

Sue had a chai latte - twas mainly latte! :P

Comment

In our local stoopidmarket, 3 litres of Dairy Farmer is costing...

$6.30 (or thereabouts)

Comment

Originally posted by scoota gal link=1208770762/0#5 date=1208777875
                  The way milk prices are heading, Im about to tell people we dont stock skim, low fat or soy milk...Or at the very least add another 50 cents per drink for such milk. Has anyone else seen the price of milk lately!? I swear, its worse than petrol!

And before I totally bag out Dairy Farmers....check out the price of 3 litres against 2 litres for yourselves...you might notice something that we did and its not all good!  
                  Every couple of days I buy 6 litres of milk. I used to only buy low fat for years,.. but I stopped recently because of the price and now get regular milk except when I get a chance to buy from Aldi,..then Ill get low fat. Buying approx 21 litres a week,.. with sometimes up to an extra $1 per 3 litres for low fat (depending where I can get it at the time),..all add up to um....almost 3kg worth of green beans. :

So scoota,..whats the go with the 3L against 2L?? Dont tell me I could have been saving money by buying the 2L.

Hey,.. did anyone catch the recent story on milk..maybe on ACA??? I only caught a bit of the promo and it was something about milk not being all that we think it is or something like that.

Comment

We discovered that we were getting charged more per litre to buy 3 litres of Dairy Farmers and so have decided to not use 3 litre bottles anymore and just stick with the 2 litres.

So much for buying in bulk...:

Comment

Originally posted by scoota gal link=1208770762/0#7 date=1208780294
                      In our local stoopidmarket, 3 litres of Dairy Farmer is costing...

$6.30 (or thereabouts)
                      Woolworth Light is $4.27 and Pura Low fat $6.79 : WTFrock?? nudging upwards to the $7 mark for 3L ????? >

Comment

Scoota thats crazy! I pay around $1 less for the exact same milk!  

Woolies home brand was $3.19 when I grabbed 3L of that the other day!

Comment

Yep...Id be willing to be the dairy farmers themselves arent seeing those sorts of returns either.

Meanwhile, we still sell a loaf of sliced bread at 2.70 a loaf. Whilst wheat prices have nearly hit the 1000 dollar a tonne mark.

So much for the "basics" being affordable...

Comment

Originally posted by scoota gal link=1208770762/0#9 date=1208780841
                            We discovered that we were getting charged more per litre to buy 3 litres of Dairy Farmers and so have decided to not use 3 litre bottles anymore and just stick with the 2 litres.

So much for buying in bulk...:
                            a local service station here has been selling buy 2 x 2L milk for $5 ,..and so I grab those whenever I go there to fill up because it is waay cheaper than buying 3Ls from my local supermarket going by price per litre.

Comment

I noticed a local service station selling the 2 x 2L for $5, it was Coles branded milk.

I noticed 7/11 was costing me way too much for bread and milk when I dropped in on the way home so they dont get me in there any more.

I found a new service station to buy my petrol from on the way home and found that they sell Dairy Farmers 3L for $5.

Even the new local newsagent charges only about $5-50.

Scoots - $6-30 is ridiculous!

Comment

Working...
                              X