Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gathering at cuppacoffee roastery

Similar to Pioneers offer...

I will offer any home roasting coffee snobs 3Kg of the voted bean from my stash including postage for $20. You roast it and send 500gm back. The offer is to 10 people only, preference to NSW home roasters who will be attending (if we get too many takers). The tasting will be done by the NSW coffeesnob community at cuppacoffee roastery, all blind. We will cup in plungers.

Interested parties cast your vote for bean type.

Date for tasting: 24th May

Bean Selection:
    Guatemalan Huehuetenango SHB
    PNG Kimel Grade A
    Sulawesi Toraja Grade A
    Ugandan Bugisu Grade A

Re: Gathering at cuppacoffee roastery

Let the games begin, eh Dennis?

Ill be up for that. I havent roasted any of those beans in your stash but have been interested in the PNG Kimel - so thats my vote.

A bit apprehensive about taking on you and Dudley with my Corretto but :-/. I just caught up on the commercial v home roaster debate and I agree that, whilst I have fun and do alright playing with my setup, theres a reason an artisan shells out big bikkies for a commercial rig. Is that defeatist talk homies? :-/ :-/ Sorry, but Ive tasted Denniss Yirgacheff .

Comment

Originally posted by GregJW link=1208816672/0#1 date=1208818308
      Let the games begin, eh Dennis?

Ill be up for that. I havent roasted any of those beans in your stash but have been interested in the PNG Kimel - so thats my vote.

A bit apprehensive about taking on you and Dudley with my Corretto but  :-/. I just caught up on the commercial v home roaster debate and I agree that, whilst I have fun and do alright playing with my setup, theres a reason an artisan shells out big bikkies for a commercial rig. Is that defeatist talk homies?  :-/ :-/ Sorry, but Ive tasted Denniss Yirgacheff  .
      *shakin in me boots*... Up against you and Dudley? *thud*....
      Sorry but Im joinin Greg with the defeatest thing ...Ive tasted your Yirgacheff,.Ethiopian Gambella Naturals and Defribrillator Espresso Blend and it would be like comparing gold nuggets to charred cat nuggets in my case.

Comment

Kimel.

Comment

Just a note to say Ive changed the date to Saturday, 24th May as well be at Caringbah markets the following day.

If theres a strong call for a Sunday, it will need to be a date in mid-June - then again, maybe by then the criteria will have been sorted out.

Comment

Ditto TG, the Kimel.

Comment

Mwaahaha...

I knew I offered the Kimel for a reason

Comment

Hi Dennis,

Put me down for 3kgs of the PNG Kimel.

Ill PM you my details

Thanks
                Chris

Comment

Originally posted by cuppacoffee link=1208816672/0#6 date=1208852158
                  Mwaahaha...

I knew I offered the Kimel for a reason
                  Sounds suspiciously like you want that to be the one.

I only voted for it.
                  Didnt say Id contest you with it.

P.S. My spellcheck offers to swap "cupcake" for "cuppacoffee". ;D

Comment

Working...
                  X