Starbucks (is this allowe)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starbucks (is this allowe)

I hope this isnt against the rules, if it is please delete and accept my apologies.

Just caught this vid on youtube / google. Was a good LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YFAherYjDk&feature=related

Sen

Re: Starbucks (is this allowe)

I saw this a while ago. I initially chuckled a bit, but then felt a bit depressed about the way that many people drink their coffee everyday :-/

Comment

I watched, & cringed ...

Id advise Starbucks to forget about any espresso attempt with the necessary infrastructure altogether ... just boil the milk & add whatever chemically replicated taste is on choice for the discerning customer - with the sig whipped cream topping drizzled with caramel flavour ...

:P

I (very frustratingly) wonder how this crap survives in the market ... are consumers desperate & undiscerning? Does such crud offer the calories to a yearning obese customer wanting to fill their stomach, rather than test their palate? Im sure their palates have been de-sensitised to comparative quality from over-ingestion of bland tummy-fill crap via processed food over years.

Off the podium for now! ;D
      Tony

Grrrr >

Comment

If you want vanilla add a pod to the beans as they de-gas. Nice subtle flavour. I cant stand sugar syrups - waaay to sweet.

As for starbucks... Who? I seem to have erased that place from my brain. Too many blah coffees.

Comment

Hmmmm.... so a bareeeesta is not a serious job they say?

I used to travel to the States a lot and seriously, finding a cafe that made good coffee was rare. Im sure there were a few around but just didnt know where to go. On the other hand... there was a Starbucks in every corner.

A Venti was humongous and I often wondered how anyone could drink that much coffee in one hit. Then I tasted it and man was it weak. I used to order the smallest cup size (which was probably our large) and asked for a double shot espresso and would just top it up with hot water.

And then there was Tim Hortons in Canada...

At least I now have my aeropress for my travels (thanks Dennis!).

Comment

Originally posted by 30in30 link=1210849073/0#4 date=1210851512
            And then there was Tim Hortons in Canada...
            Gee I miss their Breakfast sandwiches though sigh.... but yeah, the coffee blows.

Comment

Man.. that was baaaaaad!  Gotta love news hey!

I think my favourite part was definitely (as 30in30 put it) Bareeeeesta lol

and drive through coffee...

Originally posted by Julsajet link=1210849073/0#3 date=1210851182
              If you want vanilla add a pod to the beans as they de-gas. Nice subtle flavour. I cant stand sugar syrups - waaay to sweet.
              Really??????  Vanilla pods are my 2nd most favourite thing (behind you know what) - does this actually work!?
              (should probably start another thread if were going to discuss this though...)

Comment

I blame the rise of the cup holder! When people start buying cars based on the number of cup holders, they are hardly likely to spend the time sitting down in a comfy cafe sipping a latte out of a decent porcelain cup.

I think the next motoring revolution should be IV drip hangers so people can get their hit directly without the distraction of a paper cup with a plastic slotted lid....

Comment

I cant belive they call that coffee. The espresso looked thin and watery, and dont they know how to free pour a latte.
                  Makes you want to jump the counter and show them how to do it

Comment

I thought the spooning of the froth was a nice touch

Comment

They should be sued by honest baristas for the total and gross misuse of the name. [smiley=angry.gif]

Comment

I nearly cried when I saw how she scooped the top of the milk onto it, and had the gross indecency to call it a latte?  >

Truck service stations do that with their so called "machines", and pretend its a cappuccino.  :

Bareeeeesta. WTH?  :-?

-Linda

Comment

Originally posted by Menace link=1210849073/0#6 date=1210896150
                          Originally posted by Julsajet link=1210849073/0#3 date=1210851182
                          Really?????? Vanilla pods are my 2nd most favourite thing (behind you know what) - does this actually work!?
                          (should probably start another thread if were going to discuss this though...)
                          I would also like to know if this works. Sorry to go off topic a bit...

Comment

for vanilla coffee related talk - Ive started a new thread.

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1210947403

Post if youre interested to know / have some answers!

Comment

oh dear lord....
                              Loved the palest of pale crema on those espresso shots

Might explain why we get so many American tourists through asking for percolated coffee (which we clearly dont make) as "NZ Kawfee is too strong!"

Comment

Working...
                              X