Vanilla Infused Beans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vanilla Infused Beans

Referred to in a current thread - the process of sitting a vanilla bean in with coffee beans to impart the flavour...

Does it really work?? How strong is the vanilla flavour?

Can anyone give testimony to this and also advice? (ie how long does the bean have to stay in there for)

Re: Vanilla Infused Beans

Haha.... i guess that would be a no then!!

Comment

Not  sure that anyone has really tried it.  Given that you make vanilla sugar the same way - leaving the pod in a container of sugar, its certainly going to flavour your beans.  Doesnt have to be a whole pod either, if you happen to be using the vanilla seeds in a custard, say, you can scrape them out and use just the left over pod for flavouring your coffee beans.  When you get to the supermarket to buy the vanilla beans, the first thing you will notice is the price - theyre around $10 for a pack of 3 pods.  Remember that each pod can be reused a few times. No idea how long it will take, maybe a week?

Only one way to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by Viviane link=1210947403/0#2 date=1211242350

Only one way to find out.
        Indeed! That was my next step

Comment

Originally posted by Menace link=1210947403/0#0 date=1210947402
          Referred to in a current thread - the process of sitting a vanilla bean in with coffee beans to impart the flavour...

Does it really work?? How strong is the vanilla flavour?

Can anyone give testimony to this and also advice? (ie how long does the bean have to stay in there for)
          Theres at least one person on here whos tried it: http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1198199258/1#1

Java "Search engines are your friends!" phile
          Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Working...
          X