• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE New Pullman Tamper....at last!!!

WOOOOOOOOBLOOTYHOOOO!!!!! 8-) 8-)

I just ordered one of these babies!!!!!

Now, if only I had Any patience!!!!!

b4b.

Re: THE New Pullman Tamper....at last!!!

b4b,

I can confirm that your order is the first to be received......

Congratulations!!

Comment

Hmm...Reminds me the coffeelabs tamper

orders must be piling in!

Comment

Just ordered one too b4b, we can compare notes but yep, cant wait... hmmm... seems Ive been doing a lot of waiting for this new tamper :

Comment

Hey,

Thanks for that JavaB ........ why couldnt it be LoTTo. This is the next best thing tho!! ;D ;D

I think weve all been waiting for this for so long, a little longer wont hurt.... will it???

b4b.

Comment

Congratulations Greg and Robin!

The new tamper certainly looks like it was well worth the wait (and the teasing).

Comment

Well done to Pullman inc.

It looks the goods Ive gotta say. I can see how this new design would benefit all, but especially those who work in the industry - it looks very well balanced and ergonomically friendly.

I think after buying the Botticelli this year I am going to need to wait until just after christmas before grabbing one of these puppies, but I will cope the best I can until then

Congrats again I think this has raised the bar again.

Comment

Andreas is still waiting for the one he Won in the competition several months ago. Does that mean he gets a new one?

Comment

Great looking piece of gear! And its obvious a lot of thought has gone into the practical use side too.
                  How does the barista compare size wise to the deluxe? Is it possible to get some side by side pics of the 2 tampers?

Gavin

Comment

Gavin,

After the last few weeks working day (and night :) on the Barista, Greg is having a well earned weekend away from home and tampers.....!!!!!

Im sure he will be able to post some photos when he returns next week (I dont have a Barista here or I would do it for you)

Robin

Comment

Originally posted by Fulcrum link=1211457150/0#8 date=1211665776
                      Great looking piece of gear! And its obvious a lot of thought has gone into the practical use side too.
                      How does the barista compare size wise to the deluxe? Is it possible to get some side by side pics of the 2 tampers?

Gavin
                      I deleted any photos i had with the barista, but I can tell you that with no spacers the two stand side by side at the same height. Obviousely adding in the spacers (for me, i use the mid-sized spacer) makes it a little taller (between 2mm-maybe 7mm taller). Doesnt sound like much, but in your hand it makes a huge difference to the fit and feel.

IMO, No spacers/shortest spacer is great if you like to fire your shoulder into the tamp (ie/ use lots of pressure), and the larger spacers are great if you deliver most of your pressure from your arm/elbow/wrist/hand. However, bench height would also come into this, im just speaaking from my experiences.

Comment

I have photos - (evil laugh) and even a short video if I could figure out how to post the damn thing to youtube. . .

Comment

Congrats, indeed, Greg, this looks like the perfect tamper.

Just a question: will you still do custom engraving on this baby?

matt

Comment

Matt,

Yep, custom engraving will be available on the Barista!

Robin.

Comment

Having had a close to final build "prototype" on the bench for a couple of days, all I can say is IMPRESSIVE!

Once Gregs finishing touches are applied, it will be a brilliant tamper for me.

Tampers are however a personal choice and in the hand, you will know whether or not this (or any other tamper) is the one for you...

Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X