Sydney Coffee near circ. quay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sydney Coffee near circ. quay

At short notice I am being air freighted to Sydney this week and will be staying at the Harbour Marriot on Pitt Street near Circular Quay (and the Rocks)

I know where Mecca is in relation to my hotel but are there any nearer cafes that a snob would deign to visit?

Even in The Rocks?

Re: Sydney Coffee near circ. quay

Hey Grendel,
    Are you talking about Mecca or the Mecca2? Theres a newer one at Circular quay (cnr of George and Albert I think), just a bar with a GB5, Swift, you know, the usual ... otherwise yeah, Mecca on King. I cant help you with any other good coffee around the Rocks.... Im sure there is. I dont know though. If you wait around until mid July, Im sure therell be some good coffees to be had (at AROMA!).

If you can get up to the other end of the city with Single Origin that way in Surry Hills.

Comment

What about Mecca II ... right near circular quay! Sorry, dont have the address on me ...

Comment

Wooohooo! didnt know about Mecca II sounds just about right.

thanks guys

Comment

Itd be worth heading up to Mecca on King after Mecca2 and check out the 2 x Mistrals theyve got there now. Delish.

Oh and Mecca 2 is hard to find if youre not looking for it. Its at the entrance of a building under-cover. On the corner of George and Albert. Super close to your hotel.... like a block.

Comment

Hey mate, I believe I spoke to you on the phone today?? The best time to drop by Mecca 2 is pretty much anytime between 11am and 3:30pm... The mornings can be a bit hectic, but after 11 it cools off a bit and theres plenty of time to kick back, relax, and talk coffee with King Sam or myself.

Hope you find the place okay!

Comment

You did indeed speak with me today! Im hoping to snap a few quick pics for my coffee blog, but it is highly likely that my first foray will be in the morning - early. We will also try and come in the afternoon (what better place to debrief!) but I take it from the statement above that you close at 3.30?

Comment

Yep, open at 7:30, close at 3:30 - nice and civilised

Comment

Well heres hoping we finish the meeting on time!

Of course they may throw me out in which case Ill be there for hours!

Comment

umm, Grendel, wait till you see the place, you cant exactly be thrown out of it... theres no real in as such haha

Comment

Kicked to the kerb more like.

Comment

No - I meant kicked out of the meeting - in which case I go haunt Mecca II for the afternoon.

Comment

Yeah I had a long days haunt in Mecca I after Cebit last week....and before...and as a break from, and in between meetings.

mmm.

Comment

Working...
                          X