Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheres a good place sell commercial equipment

Hi all,
    Am just wondering where is a good place to advertise a commercial coffee machine?
    Renee

Re: Wheres a good place sell commercial equipmen

Other than here, that is.
    Im looking for somewhere that deals directly with businesses.

Comment

Re: Wheres a good place sell commercial equipment

Bad news Renee... the machine is prob worth about 1/4 of what you think it should be.

2nd hand commercial machines have very little value, they might have had a $10k price tag when new but getting $1k or $2k for them secondhand is tough.

...and the more groups they have the less they are worth.

Check the prices on Ebay to get an idea of market value before you sell it.

Comment

Yep, as Andy said above..... not much market for second hand commercials unless they are LMs or Synessos :... or some other brands which are almost new.....

Too many places now take the "free machine if you contract to buy our cr@p beans :P" promotions..... and they cant even sell or trade in their old machine..... the market is saturated with fantastic second hand commercials..... and there is no demand for them (except for over enthusiastic CoffeeSnobs like me )

For example, I picked up my twin group La Cimbali from a Cafe in perfect working condition for $400.... water filter, 5 group handles etc all included

Here in WA (and Im sure the same applies to other cities) a lot of these machines are sold at second-hand Catering Equipment Auctions..... they tend to fetch very little..... and as you cant test them before purchase - I wouldnt buy from an auction either - but in desperation thats where quite a few end up.

Comment

The auctioneer my son works for sells lots of used commercial machines.
          They dont go for much but if you want to get something rather than nothing thats one option.
          Hes in Sydney.
          Otherwise, as already said, theres Ebay.

Comment

Working...
          X