Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canberra coffee haunts

Hi Everyone
    I need to go to Canberra for a training course next week and I was after recommendations for a good place to get my morning espresso.

I saw an old thread where, I think, Lovey recommended Koko Black in Civic.
    Ill be staying in Dickson, but will be traveling to Gunghalin for 2 day and central Canberra for the last day.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    Frankie

Re: Canberra coffee haunts

Mako Cafe and Bar
    Shop 26 Gungahlin Market Place,
    Gungahlin

.....is said to have great coffee,..though I havent tried there myself yet, so I really cannot recommend from experience.

There are tonnes of coffee places in the main street of Gungahlin,.. but most are your usual GJ, SB, CG etc...theyre all there,lol. Good luck and let me know if you find a good one ;D .

In Dickson,.. go down the very end of Wooley Street,.. on the corner there is a nice coffee joint,.. forgot the name sorry.. but it was serving great coffee when I went there about 12months ago.

Comment

gz20tt,

My favourite cup in the City at the moment is at TONIC on the cnr of Mort and Bunda Sts.

http://www.whereis.com/act/canberra/mort-st?id=CACE5E0CDCBDE

I hope that you are able to enjoy your time in the capital.

Comment

Its a fair drive from Dickson, but Jindebah Cafe in Tuggeranong makes awesome coffee. They use really nice, freshly roasted beans.

Comment

Originally posted by porschemad911 link=1211970375/0#3 date=1212014697
          Its a fair drive from Dickson, but Jindebah Cafe in Tuggeranong makes awesome coffee. They use really nice, freshly roasted beans.
          Aaar yes I forgot about the Jindebah Roastery/Cafe. There is also one 5mins from Dickson in Mitchell. I have been to this one and bought some awesome roasted beans a few times and had fantastic coffee there too. I can highly recommend this place. They roast on the premises there.

The Fresh Roast Coffee House
          30 Kemble Court
          Mitchell ACT 2911

Comment

Many Thanks for the quick response everyone,

Ill see how my itinery goes, but Ill try and venture out to try these places.

It might end up being a necessity as the training courses are likely to fry my brain and Ill NEED a good coffee just in order to operate.

Thanks again

Frankie

Comment

Working...
            X