Good Food & Wine Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Food & Wine Show

Hi everyone, we went to the good food and wine show yesterday in Melb and seen Scottie Callaghan do a wonderful presentation.He made a couple of signature drinks one with a Mexican dried fruit, I think it was called Ancho and cream .The other had a coulpe of Italian spirits and ginger.
    Hes skill as a speaker was second to none, he explained a few little tips to the people watching, about how to reconise a good cafe or barista. Also how to pick fresh coffee, so all in all it was quite informative, so anyone going to see him at other shows I would highly recommend it.

Re: Good Food & Wine Show

What was the rest of the "coffee scene" at the show marybean?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Freeman link=1212392303/0#1 date=1212413163
      marybean?

Oops.

I hope it didnt hurt.

Comment

Scottie was in town again...since when?

lol

Comment

Originally posted by Thundergod link=1212392303/0#2 date=1212415394
          Originally posted by Andy Freeman link=1212392303/0#1 date=1212413163
          marybean?

Oops.

I hope it didnt hurt.  
          Sorry MarTy.

This wireless keyboard drops letters all the time.... sometimes I dont notice.
          **sigh**

(funny comeback TG)

Comment

Hi everyone, sorry I havent replied but I broke the PC. The rest of the coffee scene was just sunbeam display not much else but Im sure I missed quite a bit.
            The presentation Scottie done was really aimed at people who like coffee and wanted to know a bit more.A youngish lady asked Scottie about Fair trade and whether it was good coffee, of course being in a public forum such as the food and wine show you could sense Scottie felt umcomfortable answering the question.But with the best of his abilty he said there is better coffee out there, and if she would like to discuss it they could talk about it after his presentation.I guess some people just dont know what the are really asking people to say.

Comment

She might have thought Fairtrade was a brand or bean type.

Hopefully she was just looking to find good coffee and its a name shes hearing a lot.

Comment

Working...
              X