• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Javaphile
    replied
    The manual lists the load for various appliances as below:

Coffee Maker: 800 W Desk Lamp: 235.2 W LCD: 270 W
    Heater: 1500 W Humidifier: 260 W Iron: 1500 W Toaster: 850 W Tower Fan: 50 W
    Note that those are likely the average loads for those types of appliances that they give as general guidelines. Not the Max Loads you can use on the tp-link hs100 when running each of those devices.

Java "Define what?" phile

Leave a comment:

• Dimal
    replied
    Maximum Power - 3.68KW
    That's an odd value for a 10 Amp appliance??
    The Max. Power would normally be quoted as 2.4KW for a P.F. of Unity.

Either way, will be fine to use with a Consumer or Prosumer espresso machine.

Mal.

Leave a comment:

• Jaystea
    commented on 's reply
    The manual lists the load for various appliances as below:

Coffee Maker: 800 W Desk Lamp: 235.2 W LCD: 270 W
    Heater: 1500 W Humidifier: 260 W Iron: 1500 W Toaster: 850 W Tower Fan: 50 W

I see your point however. I am just curious as to the wide range of load differences and whether it’ll affect me. As you said, the ECM has a 1400w boiler, mine is a elektronika and certainly has that too.

• quester
    commented on 's reply
    Jaystea - Not sure where you got your 800W limit from for the HS100. I have the HS110 (Energy monitoring) version & used mine for 10 months without problem on an ECM Technika V Profi PID. The ECM has a 1400W element. (Had run a Bosch 9Kg Front Loading Washing Machine on it prior - checking out power usage) The retailers cite the HS100 and HS110 spec as: Maximum Load - 10A
    Maximum Power - 3.68KW which is a long way above 800w. What I enjoy about the TP-Link HS100 is:
    1 - Energy Monitoring, 2 - Scheduling, 3 - Alexa enabled "Alexa, turn on coffee machine" 4 - remote access and 5 - press the button to turn it on or off outside scheduled times. Not sure about Surge Protection though. It is also good when the Smart Plugs get firmware and App updates, as TP-Link's Kasa app and the HS110 do

• Jaystea
    replied
    Reviving this thread. But does anyone know if the tp-link hs100 would work for a machine rated at 1400watts? The manual says up to 800w for coffee machines, but consequently higher wattages for other appliances like heaters that have higher outputs than 1400watts.

I just don’t want to wake up to a kitchen burned down.

Leave a comment:

• jchharris
    replied
    I use one from Brilliant Smart (officeworks) that has energy monitoring, Google/Alexa support and was one of the few that was narrow enough not to interfere with the outlet beside it. If you have double outlet you need to take care on the width of these things as some will block the other outlet.

Leave a comment:

• tekcoR
    replied
    TP-Link HS100 has been perfect.

App is really user friendly which has worked as it should, has the physical button on the plug for when you rather turn on or more importantly turn off your machine quickly rather than pulling out your phone (if it's even in reach there and then). I usually set a time for it to turn on in the morning and don't bother setting a turn off time so I don't have it turn off mid shot if I got really unlucky from leaving it too late. I also use the app when I'm heading home and need a coffee asap!

Yep, plug your machine into it, leave your machines switch on. I also wondered the same thing as you before buying one.

Leave a comment:

• gr3i
    replied
    I've got the Evo energy one mentioned above and it's fantastic. The app kinda sucks, however once you've got it working and inserted your kW/h price it's a great little way of tracking your costs. I've got mine integrated with a few Google Assistant routines which work well. It's quite satisfying lying in bed, yelling out "hey google, warm up the coffee machine" and knowing that downstairs it's turning on and 30 mins later will send a reminder to my phone (and smart watch) that the coffee machine is ready to go. I've also got a TP-Link Kasa HS120 which is a variant of one mentioned above that has a built in power meter and it works equally well, with a slightly more user friendly app. It does however lose out in your ability to track the cost of power flowing through the unit.

Leave a comment:

• Magic_Matt
    replied
    Originally posted by fatboy_1999 View Post
    I used a Wemo for a few years but last year moved to a TP-Link HS100. I really like the new plug as I found the Wemo was lagging a bit with technology. EG: To get the Wemo to play nicely with Google Assistant or Google Home was a chore using IFTTT and other tools.
    I have a Wemo; it's still flakey as anything! Does the job for scheduled daily on/off but half the time you actually want to use it to turn the machine on remotely it refuses to connect... And don't even get me started on Google Home integration. Also bought a bunch of Wemo light bulbs - those won't even connect to wifi to set up the controllers any more!

Leave a comment:

• danlatter
    replied
    Another vote for the wifi smart plug. Eve energy make a cool one that will tell you how much power your coffee machine is using too (which was of particular interest to be because I’m a power obsessive compulsive).

Leave a comment:

• roryhilton
    commented on 's reply
    Stuart, how did you get on with the Cygnett?

I run apple iphone, SONOS wifi with Alexa and a shiny new Rocket Espresso Giotto Cronometro Evoluzione R that I want to turn on in the mornings and off after I go to work, hopefully via schedule and also on demand via Voice or app. I don't want much. lol.

• steve7
    replied
    Originally posted by 338 View Post
    Yes - I made a couple of comments in there about Bluetooth switching mechanisms from Clipsal (see post #40 and others)

I ended up getting one installed and it works well. I have it set for 2 hrs, but can switch it on via my phone or iPad - albeit in Bluetooth range. It is only rated for 10amps so powers a single outlet, just above the existing double.

Leave a comment:

• stuart94
    replied
    Ok, I am going to purchase a Cygnett Smart Plug (currently on sale for $24).
    Why this one? Well, I am well invested in the Apple Ecosystem and this is one of the very few smart plugs that work with Apple’s HomeKit/Siri.
    I believe it also has energy monitoring along with timers etc. Whilst also allowing 2x plugs fit in a standard wall outlet.
    I will also be using a surge protector as well.

I will let you all know how it goes..
    Thanks for your responses!

Leave a comment:

replied
    https://coffeesnobs.com.au/forum/equ...ences-opinions

This might be a useful thread

Leave a comment:

• artman
    replied
    I have used an arlec wireless switch for a few years, worked ok, the app is specific to the arlec and wouldnt always update actual status of the device, which isnt a huge issue, you can just swith on/off/on if not sure.

I recently got a Mirabella genio wifi switch, it runs on the genio app and as i found out it also runs on many other apps that control wifi devices like light bulbs etc.

Its noticably quicker to respond and provides update on actual status when turning on the app, and works with alexa and google home etc.

another coold feautre is that when you turn it on you can set a timer to turn it off after a set time.

I have noticed arlec now do a line of wifi power boards, switches, etc, and they all work on the same vaapps.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

Working...
X