Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naked Coffee

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me about naked coffee and the advantages?

Rgds,
    David

Re: Naked Coffee

Depends, if youre talking about naked portafilters...Very useful tool to identify dosing, distribution and tamp issues. Also looks impressive when extracting properly.

As for the other, I think thats best kept in the privacy of your own home.

Comment

You have to be very careful where you place the portafilter, as it tends to get rather hot

Pat

Comment

Originally posted by askthecoffeeguy link=1212711288/0#3 date=1212727947
        You have to be very careful where you place the portafilter, as it tends to get rather hot

Pat
        ... and the steam wand

Comment

and what sort of imagery does "updosing" conjure up ?

Comment

he he - ok now I see what I said could be taken up in a different way - although at my age I wouldnt want anything to interfere with a good cup of coffee!

I was talking about the cafe in Brisbane - and I saw a post here about special portafilters for naked coffee - just curious...

Comment

Naked Coffee uses naked portafilters to make all of there drinks. They are a very good cafe, you should try them for yourself.

Comment

The "bottomless" or "naked" portafilters are a good tool for diagnosing your dosing/tamping technique.

Some also say the coffee from them tastes better because it goes directly into the cup and not via a spout.

Comment

Originally posted by Thundergod link=1212711288/0#8 date=1212824260
                  The "bottomless" or "naked" portafilters are a good tool for diagnosing your dosing/tamping technique.
                  and distribution!

Comment

I struggled a little with the right words in my previous post roknee (yeah I know, unusual for me).
                    I included distribution with dosing in my thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by Thundergod link=1212711288/0#10 date=1212835678
                      I included distribution with dosing in my thoughts.
                      i include them in my thoughts too, which makes it damn difficult to concentrate on other less important matters like a thesis  

Comment

Working...
                      X