NYT Article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYT Article

http://topics.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/06/09/coffee-pollutant-no-1-cream/index.html

Re: NYT Article

Certainly created plenty of discussion in NY.
    I like espresso, Americanos, flat whites, macchiato (short) but there is no way I would use sugar in coffee.

Comment

um the author slams cream (read milk) in coffees then goes on to mention that he drinks cappuccino!

I mean I consider myself a coffee purist and I enjoy coffee in many varied forms, both with and without milk - its about personal preference, not dictating what we think the consumer needs

Yes I agree the industry has a role to play in educating the consumer, no that doesnt necessarily include dictating what they should and should bot drink!

pat

Comment

Originally posted by askthecoffeeguy link=1213134753/0#2 date=1213150871

Yes I agree the industry has a role to play in educating the consumer, no that doesnt necessarily include dictating what they should and should bot drink!

pat
        Gee Pat, if you dont allow denigration of the coffee choice of lesser mortals, should you be a member of a group that calls itself "Coffe Snobs"?

Steve

Comment

actually... youve got a point there ;D

Comment

I believe that you can be a CoffeeSnob regardless of how you drink your coffee. Different people have different tastes but still like to enjoy the best coffee they can in whatever form. I drink mostly lattes but also have the occasional espresso and ristretto. It depends on how I feel on the day. But I enjoy the different tastes from the various beans and I drink mostly single origin and when I have tried them all I will try blending. So I think I will be very old by the time I start blending.

So dare to be different be a CoffeeSnob in whatever way you want. :P

Comment

Do coffee enimas count towards snobbery points? Im told they are very popular in NYC.

Comment

It seems you all missed the single most important factor in that article... THE PHOTOGRAPH! Note the graphic design on the T-Shirt! Thats MY design. I produced three limited runs of them a few years back for folks on alt.coffee.

Comment

Working...
                X