As well as roasting plenty, lockdown has been a good opportunity to do some home cooking. Today's effort used two BeanBay ingredients to add an extra dimension to some home bread making
I made a natural sourdough sweet and sour dark rye and spelt loaf. My first foray into the dark side of baking. Turned out quite good!
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG20200913162941.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	415.2 KB
ID:	842117 ​​​​​​

The two ingredients from BeanBay were 2 double shots of Panama Volcan Baru espresso and 2 tsp of Dutch Cocoa powder. These were added for flavour, bitterness and colour

Sweetness added was some Beechworth honey. Final flavour component was caraway seeds

I'm pretty happy with the results - it's a flavour bomb! - but will dial back the espresso to one double shot next time for a softer balance. Maybe try a natural Ethiopian

The finished bread works great with cream cheese to balance the intensity of the bread

Happy to share recipe for this and other natural sourdoughs if anyone interested. It's very cool when you get your first sourdough white loaf fresh out of the oven!

My daughter has a killer recipe for Dutch Cocoa microwave mug cake I might post too. Zero to heaven in 3 minutes!

Cheers!