Cafe recommendations for Surfers/ Gold Coast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cafe recommendations for Surfers/ Gold Coast

HEELLPPPP!!! Here in Surfers/ Gold Coast for 4 days for work/ play and desparately missing my silvia and rocky and associated decent coffee at home already. No coffee at all now for over 24 hours!!!! Can anyone help with good places/ cafes to buy a decent coffee over
    here????

Re: Cafe recommendations for Surfers/ Gold Coast

Sorry Nikki,

I was up there recently and it appeared to be a bit of a coffee wasteland (from my limited stay - tried a couple of cafes which I would definitely NOT recommend).

Im sure there are some locals who would know the scoop (hopefully :-/).

But if you have a bit of time, a little trip up into the hills to the Mount Tambourine Coffee Plantation would be well worth it. See this thread:

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1203336117/0

Comment

try you own plunger - would be better than any so called espresso I have had on the GC - but then again a local might have a decent haunt.

Cheers

Comment

Try theNookbehind Oskers at Burleigh ,as you drive/walk up to Burleigh Headland.Its a great little" hole in the wall" Aussie grown coffee as well [Byron Bay].........or take the pilgramage to Mt Tamborine.

Comment

Thanks for your help so far but probably would rather do without or drink tea than organise myself enough for a plunger. Burleigh a bit far out of the way. We are up in Southport. Any gold coast CSers out there???

Comment

Just to let you all know (and for comments from any GC CSs) Finally found a reasonably good coffee at Bumbles in Surfers Paradise. Nice little spot on the Nerang river too. didnt have time to eat there but I believe their brekkies are quite good

Comment

I invested in a stovetop and brought my own roast with me when I was in this neck of the woods...

Pat

Comment

Hi Nikki

You can get agood coffee from COFFEE LOVERS.. @175 Currumburra Road Ashmore this is where i get my beans they roast onsite....

Try A BELLISIMO OR COST DORO they are on the left hand side of the road heading south ....

Cheeres Gra........

Comment

Working...
                X