Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nuova Point cups in the dishwasher?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nuova Point cups in the dishwasher?

    Hi all,

    I just bought some brown Nuova Point cups from Chefs Warehouse in Surry Hills (top class service by the way, if anybody is looking to get some of these cups I can highly recommend this place). I got 6 demitasse cups and 6 larger 160ml ones too.

    Anyway, as everything on the packaging is Italian, I dont know if these are dishwasher safe. Does anybody know? They are used at Campos and I doubt they wash their ones by hand! So I presume they will be ok in the dishwasher but wanted to double check. Any help would be much appreciated!

    Cheers,

    TD

  • #2
    Re: Nuova Point cups in the dishwasher?

    Originally posted by T.D. link=1214953798/0#0 date=1214953797
    Hi all,

    I just bought some brown Nuova Point cups from Chefs Warehouse in Surry Hills (top class service by the way, if anybody is looking to get some of these cups I can highly recommend this place). I got 6 demitasse cups and 6 larger 160ml ones too.

    Anyway, as everything on the packaging is Italian, I dont know if these are dishwasher safe. Does anybody know? They are used at Campos and I doubt they wash their ones by hand! So I presume they will be ok in the dishwasher but wanted to double check. Any help would be much appreciated!

    Cheers,

    TD
    Yes- no probs in the dishwasher, TD. They are designed for cafe use

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Nuova Point cups in the dishwasher?

      I put mine in the dishwasher, and I havent had any problems.

      My problem is my 16 month old son - two broken in a week!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Nuova Point cups in the dishwasher?

        Thanks for that. I figured theyd be ok, but just didnt want to jeopodise my new babies! haha

        So not even any fading etc after washing in the dishwasher?

        I cant wait to give these things a real workout this weekend. Big weekend of coffee coming up with the Aroma Festival on in The Rocks as well!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Nuova Point cups in the dishwasher?

          Originally posted by T.D. link=1214953798/0#3 date=1214954839
          Thanks for that. I figured theyd be ok, but just didnt want to jeopodise my new babies! haha

          So not even any fading etc after washing in the dishwasher?

          I cant wait to give these things a real workout this weekend. Big weekend of coffee coming up with the Aroma Festival on in The Rocks as well!
          No, mine are fine

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Nuova Point cups in the dishwasher?

            Hi T.D.

            How much were 160 ml cups? What volume is the demitasse? Were there colours other then brown?

            Im looking at getting some cups like this sooon

            Thanks
            Chris

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Nuova Point cups in the dishwasher?

              Originally posted by Michelle link=1214953798/0#2 date=1214954250
              My problem is my 16 month old son - two broken in a week!
              I have a couple of spare tulips Michelle and will bring them with me to Aromafest (no charge).

              Re the dishwasher, can I also suggest using a high quality powder and rinse aid like Finish, whether it be for the NPs or anything else for that matter. The cheaper brands seem to leave a residue/build up over time. To get on one of Lucas bandwagons, an occasional soak in cafetto also leaves crockery gleaming.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Nuova Point cups in the dishwasher?

                Originally posted by Christop link=1214953798/0#5 date=1214956309
                Hi T.D.

                How much were 160 ml cups? What volume is the demitasse? Were there colours other then brown?

                Im looking at getting some cups like this sooon

                Thanks
                Chris
                Hi, unfortunately I cant remember the cost of the 160ml cups individually. With the demitasse ones included the whole lot cost around $67 (before freight), so around $5.50 per cup (including saucer). But obviously, the 160ml ones costs a bit more than the demitasse ones, so that price isnt probably that accurate.

                The demitasse ones are 70ml from memory. Probably best to double check all this stuff though!

                They are really nice people there and happy to have a chat about it all. Their number is 9211 4555 (http://www.hotfrog.com.au/companies/Chefs-Warehouse).

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Nuova Point cups in the dishwasher?

                  Thanks for all the replies guys, feel much happier using the dishwasher now! Ill look into getting the better dishwasher detergent too...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Nuova Point cups in the dishwasher?

                    Originally posted by Christop link=1214953798/0#5 date=1214956309
                    Hi T.D.

                    How much were 160 ml cups? What volume is the demitasse? Were there colours other then brown?

                    Im looking at getting some cups like this sooon

                    Thanks
                    Chris
                    I just picked up some of these too at Chefs warehouse. The cappuccino cups (160 ml) are $8.50 each, and $6.50 each for the demitasse (which is about 60ml according to Nuova Point, but it seems more like 40-50 ml in reality). It is 25% off if purchased in a set (6). They had some white ones of the same dimensions, though I did not look underneath them to see if they were Nuova Point.

                    Anthony

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Nuova Point cups in the dishwasher?

                      Thanks TD and Caspa for the detailed answers!

                      Chris

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Nuova Point cups in the dishwasher?

                        Hmm they seem to be a whole lot cheaper than ACF?

                        Any difference in quality?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Nuova Point cups in the dishwasher?

                          Originally posted by Gavin1 link=1214953798/0#11 date=1214962339
                          Hmm they seem to be a whole lot cheaper than ACF?

                          Any difference in quality?
                          I reckon there is....Theyre chalkier and tend to break more easily...They are gorgeous cups though

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Nuova Point cups in the dishwasher?

                            Originally posted by cuppacoffee link=1214953798/0#6 date=1214956797
                            Originally posted by Michelle link=1214953798/0#2 date=1214954250
                            My problem is my 16 month old son - two broken in a week!
                            I have a couple of spare tulips Michelle and will bring them with me to Aromafest (no charge).  

                            Re the dishwasher, can I also suggest using a high quality powder and rinse aid like Finish, whether it be for the NPs or anything else for that matter.  The cheaper brands seem to leave a residue/build up over time.  To get on one of Lucas bandwagons, an occasional soak in cafetto also leaves crockery gleaming.
                            Youre far to generous Dennis! Its ok though, they werent tulips, they were some of the round cap cups. I only use the tulips once the kids are in bed.

                            I really appreciate the thought

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Nuova Point cups in the dishwasher?

                              Hey T.D.

                              I can also vouch for the NP cups in the dishwasher. we have been using them commercially for 12 months running them through our dishwasher and they havent faded or chipped at all.
                              We have however just changed over the last of our NP cups to ACF as that is we have mostly, and I wanted the complete set (the shade of brown is slightly different).
                              Cheers,
                              Rich

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X