Speed of coffee making

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed of coffee making

Im sitting here on my front verandah savouring a stunning and steaming flat white and enjoying the view - I can just see some snow on the peaks in the distance. My current company is 3 kangaroos (one with joey peeking out of pouch), our 3 horses are staring at me over the fence and theres a melee of various parrots bickering over the feeders. It occurred to me that THIS is my favourite coffee experience and since buying my coffee machine I spend more time doing this and less time actually setting it up making the coffee.

It is, in my eccentric opinion, a rarely if ever mentioned advantage of home espresso - the speed at which great coffee can be made and enjoyed.

Think about it - or not. Even in my very early coffee days if a friend dropped in and I offered them an instant coffee the process of filling and boiling the jug took a few minutes. Once I found instant coffee a punishment making plunger coffee blew the process out to about 6 minutes. I find with my espresso machine Ive made, served and am enjoying the coffee in under 2 minutes.

Here on "snobs" we quite rightly chatter often about the quality of the end product. But to me the speed that this quality can be produced and enjoyed has become a delightful added advantage that I never considered. Just one more justification for the $... 8-)

Re: Speed of coffee making

Now if you can only get a kangaroo to make your coffee (a la Skippy) you can also save the 2 minutes.

Comment

;D In winter they come close enough as it is!

Comment

Spend less time making it
        to
        Spend more time dinking it

I like it

KK

Comment

Awesome Wrecker !

I usually drink mine standing by the VBM while making other coffees, I like your idea better 8-)

CB

Comment

Hi Wrecker, it sounds like you have a fantastic view on the world, being in suburbia i am a little envious.

If Skippy can difuse a bomb then surely he can do latte art ;D

Mal

Comment

Working...
            X