Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee suggestions for my thermos?

Hey all,
    Heading up to the snow tomorrow for a daytrip (yee haw!), and Im taking a nice thermos of coffee to enjoy at lunch. Any suggestions about what would work best? A nice plunger brew? Americano? Flat white? Add milk first or later? Your help will be rewarded with a nice mountain top picture!

Dan

Re: Coffee suggestions for my thermos?

Iced! I like mine with a dash of Irish Mist.

(Seriously!, keeping coffee hot, or keeping coffee and milk hot, for any length of time will destroy the taste.)

Greg

Comment

Hi Dan,

Id suggest you just put boiling water in the thermos and keep the coffee, milk and any other additives separate. I think youll find youll get a better cuppa that way.

At a pinch, if you dont have any gear like an Aeropress or plunger, pre-grind your coffee and take a tea strainer! Coffee goes into the tea strainer, pack it just a little, place on your cup and gently pour the water over it. You can even let it steep for a couple of minutes that way then add your milk, etc. If you like it sweet, condensed milk is a nice idea.

Comment

Thanks everyone! I avoided the whole issue by having hot chocolate instead!

Oh, and a nice beer with lunch...

Comment

LOL love it.

Also Im jealous, Im in the midst of summer here.

Comment

Working...
          X