Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubber packing mat

Hi!

While I was browsing the internet a few days ago, I came across a rubber packing mat to rest the portafilter on while tamping to save damaging the kitchen bench. But for the life of me I cant find it again, no matter how much google searching I do.

Do any of you use one of these packing mats? Anyone know where I can get one or maybe I can just use a rubber mouse pad?

Cheers!
    Yulia

Re: Rubber packing mat

I use a towel folded into quarters. I dont think tamping is really going to damage your benchtop that much. If youre really concerned, hit Clark Rubber to get a mat of some sort. You can even get pretty thick mats at Bunnings, but you buy it off a roll, so youre probably going to have to get at least something thats like 800mm wide. You can make like 4 mats from that if you wish.

Another idea is to sniff around carpet places to see if they have any off cuts of padding. Dumpster diving! :P

Comment

You can get them here:
      I made a tamping mat from some belt rubber I bought at Clarks Rubber. I added a stainless steel plate but It came unglued the other day and Im liking just a rubber mat.
      My inspiration was this tamp station I saw a while back:

Comment

Hey cool! Much nicer to have something home made, too. Im off to Clarke Rubber!

Thanks guys!

Cheers
        Yulia

Comment

Heres a shrunken not so great photo of my homemade tamp mat.

-Stephen-

Comment

Very nice, sharkboy! Youve inspired me.

Yulia

Comment

Tres Elegant, Sharkboy.

Comment

Hi All,

Anyone given any thought to the latest spate of Mouse Matts that one sees for sale. You can get them with a kind of satin finish s/s sheet on one side and non-slip rubber underneath. Would probably do the job very nicely 8-)

Mal.

Comment

Working...
                X