Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still drinking instant...

... not me ...

http://www.smh.com.au/news/diet/aussies-favour-instant-gratification/2008/07/14/1215887516842.html

Re: Still drinking instant...

phew, you scared me for a second there, when I saw the name of the thread and then saw your name kicking it off.... all the tips youve passed onto me were about to get flushed hahaha ;D

This article doesnt surprise me though. I reckon generally, the ease of instant is what is most apealing. I think if they could get a fresh coffee (espresso/plunged/dripped/stove top, vac pot etc, etc) as quick as they did instant, Instant coffee would be last choice on taste - surely. Or do I over estimate our nation? :-?

Comment

Originally posted by YeeZa link=1216039844/0#1 date=1216042057
      Or do I over estimate our nation?  :-?
      Probably. Ive heard arguments at work on whether you should put in the milk first or not to prevent burning the instant. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Originally posted by YeeZa link=1216039844/0#1 date=1216042057
        I reckon generally, the ease of instant is what is most apealing. I think if they could get a fresh coffee (espresso/plunged/dripped/stove top, vac pot etc, etc) as quick as they did instant, Instant coffee would be last choice on taste - surely. Or do I over estimate our nation? :-?
        I think it is also to do with perception that making espresso requires lots of big shiny equipment and know-how. Those who may have tried have ended up with a bitter end due to consuming the pre-ground supermarket packs. Most of us on here would have started on instant coffeee with the same degree of ignorance of what espressionism is all about.

Comment

Good grief! I even started a thread on the speed of espresso as I discovered its actually faster to have coffee at home now than EVER before with home espresso gear...

Comment

You still have to boil the kettle so its not instant.

If my wife wants an instant Ive told her to draw the water from the Expobar as its already boiled.

Ive actually raced the Expobar and the kettle from a cold start and its neck and neck to boil the water.

If it were a race espresso v instant with the instant drinker having to boil their water then I dont see any time advantage as Wrecker has said.

Comment

Yes, WE know that but your average instant coffee drinker doesnt. Also they may not want to outlay several hundred dollars (at least) to buy espresso gear as apart from $50 for your average electric jug.

Comment

Still drinking instant... unfortunately.....

Hey, I am still drinking instant, but not for want BUT for necessity. I live on my own, and a lot of my friends like TEA (madness)..... so I have to have instant.

So, that leads to the main question: what is the best instant coffee going around and is there such a thing?

Or should I get the single cut thingo? What are the recommendations here?

Xandro

Comment

You can, however, put instant into the portafilter, and make some sort of caffeinated beverage come out. It might even be at the right temperature.

Comment

Aussies Still drinking instant...

In reply to that article:

"Australians may be latte and cappuccino drinkers in public, but they prefer instant coffee at home, a survey has found."

That is a ridiculous argument from SMH..... imagine going out and asking for an instant coffee at a restaurant?

"Can I have Blend 43 please?"

I dont think so.

Comment

Re: Aussies Still drinking instant...

Originally posted by TK421 link=1216039844/0#9 date=1216086860

"Australians may be latte and cappuccino drinkers in public, but they prefer instant coffee at home, a survey has found."

That is a ridiculous argument from SMH..... imagine going out and asking for an instant coffee at a restaurant?
                      ...its about as ridic as asking for it at my place ;D ;D

Comment

Originally posted by TK421 link=1216039844/0#9 date=1216086860

"Can I have Blend 43 please?"

I dont think so.
                        "Im sorry sir, all we have is International Roast"

Comment

Re: Still drinking instant... unfortunately.....

Originally posted by TK421 link=1216039844/0#7 date=1216086644
                          Hey, I am still drinking instant, but not for want BUT for necessity. I live on my own, and a lot of my friends like TEA (madness)..... so I have to have instant.

Xandro
                          Ill give you the same advice we give drug addicts--CHANGE YOUR FRIENDS!
                          ;D
                          Greg

Comment

Originally posted by 22a link=1216039844/0#11 date=1216114059
                            "Im sorry sir, all we have is International Roast"
                            I can picture a coffee snobs hell - no fire and brimstone required . A nice decent looking cafe with a shining commercial machine siting at the counter only to be told the machine will be out of order from now on and all they have is international roast. ;D

Comment

[QUOTE=22a link=1216039844/0#11 date=1216114059"Im sorry sir, all we have is International Roast"[/QUOTE]

;D

I cant believe they still make that rubbish and that anyone buys it (wheres the vomit smiley)

Comment

Working...
                              X