No announcement yet.

Re: How long can you do without coffee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: How long can you do without coffee?

Hi CSers,
    Well the polls got me going, and I do wonder how long can you manage without a good cup of coffee? Have a go!

Re: Re: How long can you do without coffee?

I can go days without it.... if I wanted.

Comment

Had a prac this morning..

My resting heart rate was under 60!

I was bradycardic (slow heart rate) and lethargic.

Yup, hadnt had any coffee for about 12 hours"-.-

Comment

I can go without for a week...I havent had a coffee since Saturday when I last worked.

Comment

For sure more than 3 hours! Id be worried if i had that much of a dependency...

one hour!! lol.. that is alot!

Comment

Originally posted by YeeZa link=1216264720/0#1 date=1216265127
            I can go days without it.... if I wanted.
            So could I, if the options are only instant or anything less than snob-standard.

Comment

Head ache kicks in (literally) before 24 hours are up. So my answer is about 20 hours !

Comment

I could quit easily.

But why would I?

Comment

My last coffee of the day is about 3pm and my next one is 7am the following day.
                  So thats 16 hours.

My record however is 6 months but that was after brain surgery (not recommended).

Comment

I could only go a day when I was having 6 doubles a day. After 24hrs, Id get massive migranes.

I can go a days now as my consumption has dropped to only 2 or 3 doubles a day. and no headaches now when I go without.

Comment

Without???
                      I once did 4 days while I was hiking up Mount Kilimanjaro.
                      Im never hiking again

Comment

lol - why would you want to go without coffee. Isnt it the elixir of life?

Comment

I once had this coffee with a freak that has the technique of brewing 20 kg of coffee into three mug. It...scratched the itch that I never thought I had.

Thats the only time I can go without coffee for a week after.

Comment

However long I want. But why would you want to deny yourself something that you like, if it isnt negatively impacting your life?

Dont think I had a coffee in at least a week when I was home from uni, simply because there was only instant...and I dont go much on that needless to say. At Dads place however, different story. Fresh ground coffee using a bench-clamp hand grinder...brewed in either a plunger or a stove-top espresso pot. Ah...always love coffee at Dads!

Generally its a morning ritual for me, sometimes one at lunch as well. Thats the norm, but pulling an all-nighter will probably see that intake double...perhaps more. Kinda normal seeing as my machine is about 6 inches from my left hand as I type, the espresso it just put a few minutes ago being slightly less than that.

Haha, anytime I want...whens that gonna be???

Cheers - boingk

Comment

I cant say I can really answer the question. :-/

My mum raised us on tea from as young as I can remember so I tuned into to caffeine young. I went to coffee once I left school and after marriage it became coffee virtually always. My consumption would resemble a sin wave in reality. When I want one I have one...well now with the machine its usually 2. Being a shift worker is a factor. As I posted in the "how much is too much" thread Ive actually got a doctors recommendation to keep it up! If circumstances keep me from it, and Im concentrating on whatever task is keeping me from it, about 12 hours and Ill get a dull headache. I think its called "addiction", and Im happy to feed it.

Comment

Working...
                              X