Good robusta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good robusta

So I understand that the consensus here is instant coffee = "flavored drink, but not a coffee"  ;D
    I know that robusta mainly becomes instant coffee or added as 10-15% blend to
    add crema/caffeine to arabica.

But is there such thing as a good, single origin robusta?
    and where can I get it in Sydney?

Re: Good robusta

...look for some monsooned robusta in BeanBay this week.

Comment

In fact any Robusta that is in Bean Bay will be good, surprisingly good in fact, as long as you give it plenty of time to rest.
      Havent tried the monsooned robusta, but have tried the Kaapi.
      I have found 2 weeks resting before I start using it works well for me.
      Generally I add it to a blend, but did try it on its own and it was really nice.

Bullitt

Comment

Originally posted by Bullitt link=1216590019/0#2 date=1216677316
        In fact any Robusta that is in Bean Bay will be good, surprisingly good in fact, as long as you give it plenty of time to rest.  
        Havent tried the monsooned robusta, but have tried the Kaapi.
        I have found 2 weeks resting before I start using it works well for me.
        Generally I add it to a blend, but did try it on its own and it was really nice.

Bullitt
        The Monsooned Robusta is in the beanbay tonight. I got some from the last beanbay. I bought it for blending, but tried some as a SO first. I only gave it 1 week rest before trying it, and thought it wasn’t too bad on it’s own. My wife didn’t like it at all though, and it was the first coffee I’ve ever made her that she wouldn’t finish. Maybe I should’ve rested it longer.

Anyway, at 2 weeks post-roast I blended it 10% with a blend of Sumatran Mandheling “Kuda Mas”, Sulawesi Lemo Toraja, and Costa Rica Tarrazu Dota Co-op. This she remarked was the best coffee I’d ever made her! The robusta in the blend seemed to produce a very think, syrupy pour – looked awesome just slowly oozing out of the spouts!

Bill

Comment

Working...
        X