Favorite single origin coffee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite single origin coffee

Whats your favorite single origin coffee?

Re: Favorite single origin coffee

Well I like so far PNG Wahgi AA

I have not tasted that great a number of beans but I am sure that with time that I will add more

The change in seasons like Summer Winter Spring & Autumn also changes the human bodies needs
    So it may be that we have 4 favourite beans one for each season?

KK

Comment

Without doubt, Yemen Mocha Ismaili closely followed by Yemen Mocha Bani Mattar (a.k.a Yemen Mocha Mattari Ban)....

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by Mal link=1217159468/0#2 date=1217165012
        Without doubt, Yemen Mocha Ismaili closely followed by Yemen Mocha Bani Mattar (a.k.a Yemen Mocha Mattari Ban)....

Mal.
        Never had these Mal
        Have they ever been offered on Bean Bay?
        Is Yemen Mocha Bani Mattar the same as the last BeanBay offer of Yemen Bani Ismail??

Comment

I quite like the PNG Kimel which is my regular roast.
          I still have 30kg of it so theres little danger of running out in a hurry as I also have 30kg of other beans to try to find a favourite.

I roasted up some Peruvian Chemana tonight, but I only had 300g of it so it hopefully doesnt turn out to be my favourite.

Comment

Originally posted by Koffee Kosmo link=1217159468/0#3 date=1217165565
            Never had these Mal
            Have they ever been offered on Bean Bay?
            Is Yemen Mocha Bani Mattar the same as the last BeanBay offer of Yemen Bani Ismail??
            The Yemen Bani Ismail is the same as Yemen Mocha Ismaili but the Bani Mattar is from a different region. I dont know a single word of the language written or spoken in Yemen but "Bani" seems to be roughly analogous to "Region" so the Bani Mattar is from the region Mattar and the Bani Ismaili from Ismail....

Hope thats as clear as mud KK....

Mal.

A link to the Yemeni Coffee website... http://www.coffee-yemen.com/english/coffee.html

Comment

I like PNG Wahgi AA and Ethiopian Limmu also Kenya AA ranks pretty high with me. I.m looking forward to trying Yemen Bani Ismaili when I pick it up.

Comment

PNG Kimel Plantation Peaberry

All gone , very sad !

CB

Comment

Originally posted by Mal link=1217159468/0#5 date=1217168086
                  I dont know a single word of the language written or spoken in Yemen but "Bani" seems to be roughly analogous to "Region" so the Bani Mattar is from the region Mattar and the Bani Ismaili from Ismail....
                  I think Bani in Arabic means "the sons of" or tribe, which also means region since
                  a tribe occupies a region.
                  Ismail is the Arabic spelling of Ishmael - son of Abraham in the bible story.

Comment

Such a hard question as crops change year to year. My top 3 :

Sumatran Mandheling Kuda Mas 05
                    Ethiopian Yirgacheff 01
                    Panama Gran Del Var 06

Comment

In my limited experience...

Ethiopian Harrar (Blue Horse) - blueberry note is amazing and unique... and transforms into a rich buttery flavour in milk.
                      Ugandan Bugisu (CS starter pack :P) - rich choc with jammy fruit note. Perfectly balanced.
                      Ethiopian Yirg is also amazing.

Cheers,
                      Stuart.

Comment

This week? :

Definitely the MTE Bin 549!

but then ... Ethiopian Mt Gabbana Forest Estate Limu is pretty awesome ... Panama Boquete is up there ... I really enjoyed the PNG Wahgi ... dont mind the Yemeni coffees at all ... Kimel is a perennial favourite ... the El Salvador San Emilio was great (but is all gone) ...

Tis a hard question as each years crop is different ... and then what I feel like drinking varies from day to day ... so its always good to keep a few tonnes stashed to keep up with my every whim

Comment

Originally posted by redzone link=1217159468/0#7 date=1217191311
                          PNG Kimel Plantation Peaberry

All gone , very sad !

CB
                          Ive been sorting out the peaberries from my Kimel for the last 12 months.
                          Almost have enough for a roast.

Comment

Originally posted by Thundergod link=1217159468/0#12 date=1217223111

Ive been sorting out the peaberries from my Kimel for the last 12 months.
                            Almost have enough for a roast.
                            Gee TG, after all that effort I really hope they live up to your expectations! ;D

Comment

Kenya AA is my fav so far.. Still lots to try..

Comment

Working...
                              X