Under the radar..WotB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under the radar..WotB

Well I was going to follow up on my plan to visit Thornleigh this weekend. Looks as though it may be a little late as this appeared on the Wine of the Bean website http://www.wineofthebean.com/index.html

Unfortunately, all good things must end, and we are closing Saturday 2/8/08

So whats the go - setting up shop elsewhere?

Re: Under the radar..WotB

Saturday will be our last day.

Lifes path leads me in another direction, and I am afraid I must follow its lead. Hopefully I impressed those who graced me with their presence.

Youre welcome to swing by Saturday, preferably before 1pm.

For those who cannot make it this week to pick up beans, they will still be available for pickup from my house. PM for details.

Here I was thinking nobody read the website...

Comment

Well Ill definitely try to make it for brunch.

Could we expect some specials after 1PM?

Comment

Originally posted by flynnaus link=1217207935/0#2 date=1217212223
        Could we expect some specials after 1PM?  
        Tony, I know where that little roaster on the trolley would look great

Thats sad news though mate, keep us updated on any future developments. Ill try and get there on Saturday too.

YeeZa/Dan

Comment

Originally posted by YeeZa link=1217207935/0#3 date=1217213660
          Tony, I know where that little roaster on the trolley would look great
          To quote the late Charlton Heston, "From my cold, dead hands."

Seriously, Id look pretty silly trying to heave the roaster above my head.

Its just another one of lifes lessons.

Hopefully Ill still have some stock by Saturday, otherwise all youll have to eat is the serviettes.

Comment

Anthony, Im sorry to hear this news and hope that next week will bring you good fortune.

I think you have every right to stand proud.

take care
            Den

Comment

Last day today...Thank you everyone for the well wishes.

Insert subliminal message here --> (Banana waffles with buttercotch sauce and toasted walnuts)

Comment

Business as usual today Tony? I am still intending to drop in. Coffee only or do you have food?

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by flynnaus link=1217207935/0#7 date=1217628463
                  Business as usual today Tony? I am still intending to drop in. Coffee only or do you have food?

Steve
                  Quick edit: Oh hang on the subliminal. I didnt read it properly but something in the back of my mind.... ;D
                  s OK I read your message on the Beanbay threead

Comment

Originally posted by Wine_of_the_Bean link=1217207935/0#6 date=1217628255
                    Last day today...Thank you everyone for the well wishes.

Insert subliminal message here --> (Banana waffles with buttercotch sauce and toasted walnuts)
                    All the best today Anthony!

Fpr Csers not at the roasting workshop, get yourself some waffles and some of the best coffee in town!

Comment

Originally posted by Wine_of_the_Bean link=1217207935/0#4 date=1217214884
                      ... Its just another one of lifes lessons...
                      And theres plenty of those always lurking when you have your own business mate.

I wish you all the best for your future endeavours Anthony - I too am moving on from my business to pursue other prospects, & I know the decision to do so aint an easy one.

Have a rewarding last day, wish I could visit for a waffle & a couple of espressos (alas Im in Brissy ), & do yourself a favour & pat yourself on the back for giving it a go ...

Oh, ahh, did I mention Im selling my unique, niche-market-oriented, superb, once-in-a-lifetime-opportunity, business that would perfectly satisfy the coffee-obsessive nature of a Snob to indulge their passion daily & earn a decent buck from it?

In an un-ashamed plug, heres the link to another thread ;D

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1217467916

Cheers,
                      Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis link=1217207935/0#9 date=1217628924
                        ... get yourself some waffles and some of the best coffee in town!
                        Visi, vidi, vini - I came I saw I drank wine (of the bean)

Definitely a case of better late than never but I was fortunate enough to enjoy a cuppa from one of Sydneys recognised baristi. The Malawi was very enjoyable - so too the banana waffles.

Let us know if you start up another cafe/roastery Anthony as I would definitely like more where that came from. Best of luck (if that is what is required) for your future

Steve

Comment

Working...
                        X