Italian baristi and WBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Italian baristi and WBC

I am looking at history of WBC competition... Its interesting that Italy and Italian baristi are not featuring in any of the podium lists (I admit I didnt look at full results of each competition...)
    Does Italy take part in the competition in the first place, of they consider it worthless or something of the kind? Not traditional enough? Does anyone know?

Re: Italian baristi and WBC

Last year Italy finished around 23rd or thereabouts IIRC.

Comment

Luigi Lupi came in third in 03, thats the highest ive seen. Of course italy take part in the comps. And the representing baristas always consider the comp worthwhile and put their all into every comp they compete in.

Sure, there are those (and many, MANY of them) who find a million excuses for not entering the competitions (not tradtional etc. etc.), but as for the baristas who do front up to the comps, they all do so ready to give it their all.

Just because the art of pushing water through ground coffee at 9 bars of pressure was discovered by the italians, doesnt mean they are the best at controlling all the other factors that lead to a great (or in this case, the very best) cup of coffee.

Comment

Italians generally dont like change in their food or coffee. Its my mamma cooks the best or my coffee shop is the greatest. In the way they dont push the boundaries and do the same thing over and over. Thats not always a bad thing, but with barista comps its always pushing forward and creating new ideas.

Comment

Working...
        X